Find
Notify
Tools

Counterpart Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Anyone still watching this? Worth getting into?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Have not watched but just looked it up. Seems interesting. Somebody chime in.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Got 2 episodes in and lost interest.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Me too. It’s a really cool concept, and I like jk Simmons, but I just couldn’t get into it. I can’t really explain why. It is really dark. And I don’t mean in content. I mean the cinematography is really, really dark. That’s the only thing I can put my finger on that I definitively didn’t like

quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Got 2 episodes in and lost interest.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. It is a little slow but reveals things as it goes.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
It's good but I will admit it can be slow at times. Starting to heat up now, we just finished episode 7.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's like watching paint dry, for the most part. I've stuck with it hoping that it will get good, but I have to keep rewatching parts as the violin and piano music score puts me to sleep.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
It got too confusing to follow after three episodes when I bailed.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Bumping an old thread because I seem to have missed this the first time around.

Counterpart has made an appearance on Amazon Prime. There isn't much info on the series itself, but the fact it stars J. K. Simmons was enough to get me to watch the first episode. Unlike some other series that take several episodes to get off the ground, this one introduces the main concept in the very first episode. I like that.

Others here said they gave up after a few, so I'll not heartily endorse it quite yet. But my initial reaction is that this has more promise than a lot of series that have come this way of late. Seeing as how I'm not watching anything right now, I'll give it a go for a while.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
One of the better series I have ever watched. It starts out a little confusing but give it time as it fills in the gaps and everything will make sense.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The second season tells what happened at the start of it all. I wish they would continue the series but I guess 2 seasons is all we will see.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it was great. Wish it continued.

Posts: 31 | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the show. Wish new episodes were coming.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While a little slow, it had a great premise and J.K. did a great job in his roles. Season 2 was much better and got into what/how things happened. I wished it was picked up for more seasons but it doesn't look like it will ever happen. Still, a nice run.