New
Find
Notify
Tools

Homeland Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
I'm surprised that there's no active Homeland thread. Are people bored with the show?

SPOILERS BELOW....

I thought this season had its ups and downs. Some interesting subplots. I think the subtle-as-a-two-by-four references to Trump and the deep state resistance was a little too much. I thought the focus on Carrie and her daughter were annoying as hell and boring.

And a 4 star general and a team of Delta force operators conspiring to assassinate the president-elect? A little far fetched for me.

Sad to see Quinn die the way he did. It was treated almost matter-of-factly - not quite befitting his heroism or his long running role on the show.

Still, I thought the last couple episodes were the best of the season.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
There has been quite a few in the past.
I am surprised how everything ended with the new president going crazy and mostly didn't want Quinn to go out that way ~ he was great for the show.
He will be missed. Frown

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
I'll start it up soon. Ever since Amazon Prime added the pay channels by-the-month, I just wait until the season I want to watch ends, then binge it, then turn off the channel. Way cheaper than paying for TV I don't need all year round.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
They should not have killed off Quinn, and definitely not in the manner that they did as if it was just another guy. I think they really screwed that character over with the stroke this season and then killing him, and it ticks me off as he was the best one.

I was rather disheartened with the avenue this season's show took. It seemed that everyone was celebrating "hug a muslim" day which mostly went against the previous seasons.

Now that I see that Dar was right, and the President-elect is indeed an anti-American willing to throw everyone under the bus, I'm betting that future shows will get back to the way they were.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I just started Homeland yesterday... I'm eight episodes in already. Eek

So far, I'm liking it. This may be my binge-watch for the next few weeks.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
I loved the series. Watched all episodes and seasons over maybe 2 weeks.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I have one more episode of the first season remaining. And I have two more days off! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep starting this show and stopping. I guess I need to give it some time.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
If I hadn't gone shooting today, I'd probably be halfway through the second season right now.

God bless America.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've just finished Season 4 on Hulu.
Are the later seasons available for streaming?

God bless America.

Back in Black
posted Hide Post
I am a big Claire Danes fan and even met her when they were filming in Charlotte. It was kind of cool knowing some of the locations as well. The old "CIA headquarters" is right near my work. I haven't been keeping up with the more recent seasons, but I am sure I will watch them eventually.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Well. I just found that Seasons 5, 6, and 7 are now on Hulu.

There goes my productivity for the next couple of weeks!

God bless America.

Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
The only season I didn’t like was season 6. I didn’t like how Quinn’s character was treated and the Hillary-esque “Madam President Elect” gave me chills. It will be curious to see how they deal with her in Season 7 in the wake of Trump’s victory. They will have to rewrite her character into the totalitarian Hollywood fears Trump is, which ironically will make her MORE like what Hillary would have been.

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post