SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    CoD Modern Warfare 2019, need info...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CoD Modern Warfare 2019, need info... Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
Just found out ot launched. Where I live there's no MS presence and the XBOX has been ignored since day 1.

No way CoD will show upat the stores and I've read for years how dissapointed the board members have been with sevaral releases. I fully agree with you, therefore you are my eyes, hands and ears.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I'm currently playing it on PS4 with about 10 buddies

I haven't enjoyed a COD title since Ghosts

This latest iteration has been enjoyable in the few hours I've spent with it.

Only just started the campaign, but the graphics and controls are excellent

The multiplayer is typical run and gun get shot until you learn the maps but it is just a tad slower than other titles. No jetpacks and stupid shit to have people flying across the map. Its a more deliberate experience.

So far my favorite modes are realism team deathmatch and survival (exclusive to PS4). There's no radar or HUD at all in realism mode, much more challenging. I loved survival on modern warfare 3, and this latest version is even more challenging.

General comments about this COD is the sound and effects are incredibly loud - I had to turn all my ingame volumes down to below 35, they were absolutely deafening.

I play on a 4K monitor, and the game is absolutely beautiful. Controls are super smooth and tight. I am really enjoying the game

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Not likely to play a multiplayer game, my country's ping is awful and unsuitable. But for most FPS games, i always enjoyed solo campaign mode. Is this one long enough or just a warm up for multiplayer?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Everything He Said!

My 15 YO son got the Beta release for PS4 and echoed all the feedback provided by trickedtrix Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I've only just begun the campaign, but I believe IGN and some other review sites said it was only around 6 hours? Not sure that's worth $60, but YMMV

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I was watching my son play a little last night. Wound up observing for like an hour. LOL It looks great, no sci-fi gear, and it was nice seeing Price again. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16176 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I just finished the campaign. I really enjoyed it, even though I did not know if I would. There are moments when I really felt like I was in a movie ( I know that cliche) but dang it was tense.

the characters were well developed and beautifully animated, it was awesome.
The environment was immersive and rich, but I didn't feel it was ridiculously so.

As far as multiplayer, they need more maps. And they can be campy, BUT I am adjusting my gameplay, instead of run n gun, I have to be deliberate and think about taking and holding a flag etc. rather than just constantly running.

I have really enjoyed the purchase.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I played it this weekend. The campaign on hardened only took me about 6 hours to complete but the missions were a lot of fun and the game play and feel is the best so far.
I hope the next one is a "Soap" McTavish back story.

edit:
No spoilers but there are a couple of missions that take place during terrorist attacks in major cities. You really have to be on your game to make sense out of the chaos, id the bad guys, and not hurt any civilians.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m only a third of the way through the campaign and loving it so far.

I’ve been mainly playing hardcore multiplayer and it’s a camper’s paradise. I might switch back to regular multiplayer.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as multi player goes COD is back. I’ve despised every cod after black ops 2, this is the first good one since. I agree that it needs more maps but those always come a little while after release, I don’t think it’s any more campy than past games. The graphics and sound are awesome too. Don’t start out in ground war, it seems the Video game roof Koreans are everywhere and you can’t go anywhere without getting sniped or blasted out of nowhere, it’s pretty hard core, but fun after you get some good weapons unlocked and a better feel for the game

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
So far the cross-platform play seems to work just fine

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
No jetpacks and stupid shit to have people flying across the map.

Hallelujah.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
I'm REALLY enjoying it. The game is just beautiful. Gone is the pick 10 system. Looking for some MP guys on XBOX?

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trickedtrix:
I've only just begun the campaign, but I believe IGN and some other review sites said it was only around 6 hours? Not sure that's worth $60, but YMMV

I beat the campaign in 5 hours on Recruit and LOVED it. Potentially the beginning of the best COD series since the first and sexond MW gamees... since the third flopped on storytelling. But Ghost was an amazing story too.

I love the new one. Havent played multiplayer yet and may not.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M4 is probably the best over all weapon, at least so far and I’m level 28. But there is a lever action rifle that’s just plain hilarious to get kills with. It’s a one hit kill from chest and above, 2 hits everywhere else and once you get an optic it’s pretty easy to be very effective with

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
LOL wow, talk about timing here Cool

I did not know this game was re-released until this post.

Why the timing thing....I have the original on disk. you know, the version where you need the disk in the CD drive to be able play the game.

Anyone else remember those days Big Grin Big Grin

I haven't played it in a while so I actually just reinstalled it Friday night. I was planning on doing the no CD patch again but haven't started looking for it yet.

Now I guess I need to decide if I still want to mess with the patches or just spend the money for this version. Smile

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PakRatJR:
LOL wow, talk about timing here Cool

I did not know this game was re-released until this post.

Why the timing thing....I have the original on disk. you know, the version where you need the disk in the CD drive to be able play the game.

Anyone else remember those days Big Grin Big Grin

I haven't played it in a while so I actually just reinstalled it Friday night. I was planning on doing the no CD patch again but haven't started looking for it yet.

Now I guess I need to decide if I still want to mess with the patches or just spend the money for this version. Smile

This is not COD4. Brand new game in the Infinity Ward series

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:

This is not COD4. Brand new game in the Infinity Ward series

Really....? Well dangit I thought it was the same one just remastered. I guess I will be buying it after all. Thanks Big Grin

Edit: Ok maybe not. I was looking on Steam for it and the remastered version for $40 is what came up. Digging online and apparently it is exclusively through Blizzards Battle.net thing which I don't have. Not to mention apparently no support for Windows 8 as DX12 is required, altho it seems to be fine for Windows 7??....bastards lol Frown Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My review after about 2 hrs of gameplay yesterday. I played Ground War almost exclusively.

Ground war is terrible. They started me, the level 1 FNG, with guys at levels 100+ already with maxed out guns/perks. I have this dumpy FAL with no optics and I'm just getting blasted left and right. If you stop moving at anywhere on the map, ANYWHERE, you are going to get smoked. I don't care what map, or where you are on the map. The camping is on another level.

And if you don't get smoked by one of the 700 snipers, there is surely some guy with a crazy kill streak going who will take care of you, rest assured. You can run around enough to avoid the sniper but you won't avoid the cruise missile, A-10 gun run, cluster bombs, etc. Prepare to get randomly blown up multiple times a game.

Basically if you like to spawn and die indiscriminately within a max of 10-20 seconds, this is the game for you!

The maps are just god awful. The last version I played extensively was Ghosts and even those maps were 400x better. They got so lazy with this version they just took the same building setup and recycled it on each map it seems. And each map is almost the same. Nothing unique about them at all. Remember skidrow, or estate on MW2? Or pipeline on MW? Or studio on BO2? You won't get anything close to those maps on this version.

I'm not completely done with it yet, but it's not looking good.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I'm not impressed with ground war. I'm very pleased with all the game modes offered. The nature of COD is campy, but I find the most enjoyment in multiplayer on the NVG and realism modes. If you don't play with a good headset you need one to truly excel at this game. Footstep whoring is the only way to play in its current state, and if you haven't tried shotguns, do it. The range is like no other COD, 2 shot kills within 50 yards are common