Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kilroy Was Here Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
When I was a kid, about 40 years ago, the 'Kilroy was here' graffito was pretty common. Can't remember seeing ol' Kilroy for about the last 20 years or so. What happened to Kilroy?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He gone:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Forty years ago?” Kilroy originated during WWII. The echoes of Kilry you saw 40 years ago were post-War memories.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
“Forty years ago?” Kilroy originated during WWII. The echoes of Kilry you saw 40 years ago were post-War memories.

That is indisputable. I was not yet alive. Although I may be the reincarnation of General George S. Patton. I don't yet remember. Perhaps visiting North Africa would stimulate the memory bank.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Last time I saw it was in the movie Kelly's Heroes
written on the wall of the German bank at the end.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid this is what I think of when I hear Kilroy Was Here.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/uc6f_2nPSX8

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I say we bring it back.

Here is a round sticker:

https://www.zazzle.com/kilroy_...r-217687962717501599

It would also make a good tramp stamp.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I write it on coworkers' white boards when they aren't around.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
My grandpa had it on his letters and emails to me.

I still draw it places. Few my age understand.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:

Me, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember going to that Styx concert here in Indianapolis

quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that real? That's the Bin Laden compound, isn't it? Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:

Looks fake to me.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

Looks fake to me.

Fake or not, that's great! Big Grin

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47367 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

Looks fake to me.

Fake or not, that's great! Big Grin

Even if photoshopped, its fidel to the event because we got the bastard.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Some joker is trying to trademark "Kilroy Was Here"

https://trademarks.justia.com/...oy-was-87226268.html

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Much to the chagrin of the Admiral Shoemaker, Kilroy visited with his buddy Tess.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2012BOSS302,

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
When I was building modular Christmas houses for malls I would draw that on the plywood. I always wondered how.many people would understand it.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3858 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
It is on the WWII memorial in D.C.
Kilroy in D.C.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post