Find
Notify
Tools

Kilroy Was Here Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
A friend in high school had a Kilroy.

It/he was a figurine of the head, eyes, nose, and fingers made to set up on a shelf where the nose and fingers hung over the edge; like the green one on the left here:

https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...oy-ceramic-figurines

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Kilroy is racist.

Why?

Because everything is, and it's racist of you to ask.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:...

It would also make a good tramp stamp.

or...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
A friend's teenage son wrote it on our porch a few years ago. It was pretty funny just because it was so surprising.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

During WWII at the Kaiser shipyards they were mass producing battleships. Once the hull of the ship was completed, the rivet work had to be inspected before the rest of the ship was to be built. Mr. Kilroy was such a rivet inspector and wrote 'Kilroy was here' inside every ship he inspected. The crew knew then that the job had been inspected and approved to continued the build. So many ships were inscribed in this way that many of the sailors discovered the markings and remembered them. To be in such a location some had assumed that they were the first to get into the farthest innards of the ship, but then discovered that some Kilroy fella obviously had been there first.

Few of them learned who Kilroy was or had any idea why he was 'here', but it was seen enough times to become widespread lore (and no matter where Bugs went, Kilroy had been there first).

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Okay, I'll give it a shot.

During WWII at the Kaiser shipyards they were mass producing battleships. Once the hull of the ship was completed, the rivet work had to be inspected before the rest of the ship was to be built. Mr. Kilroy was such a rivet inspector and wrote 'Kilroy was here' inside every ship he inspected. The crew knew then that the job had been inspected and approved to continued the build. So many ships were inscribed in this way that many of the sailors discovered the markings and remembered them. To be in such a location some had assumed that they were the first to get into the farthest innards of the ship, but then discovered that some Kilroy fella obviously had been there first.

Few of them learned who Kilroy was or had any idea why he was 'here', but it was seen enough times to become widespread lore (and no matter where Bugs went, Kilroy had been there first).

So this German inspector wrote in English? How cosmopolitan.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Eek Confused Eek The air in Virginia must be thin today! Eek Confused Eek

Posts: 9139 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenris -

Henry J. Kaiser not the German Kaiser.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I read that Herr Kilroy's sense of humor was quite droll.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Fenris -

Henry J. Kaiser not the German Kaiser.

Oops...