SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Star Trek Discovery (with spoilers) to discuss
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Discovery (with spoilers) to discuss Login/Join 
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
WTF? I got to pay $5.99 or $9.99 to watch? Screw em. Too bad. I enjoyed it too.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Aaaaaand....

They just screwed the pooch...

Oh yeah, leftists just can't help it.

"The cast members of Star Trek Discovery were slammed by social media users Sunday after a photo of the CBS show’s stars taking a knee went viral online.
The photo, posted on Discovery star Sonequa Martin-Green’s Instagram account, was an apparent show of unity with NFL players protesting the national anthem.

The post, captioned with the hashtag #StarTrekDiscovery and #takeaknee, appeared online just hours after the show’s world premiere."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...knee-shows-premiere/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^^ that pretty much means I will pass on watching it. Oh well.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
Let me delete the show from my Genie DVR. Done. Gone. Also called and cancelled my NFL Package tonight. Disrespect the flag, then I'm done with them.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Aaaaaand....

They just screwed the pooch...

Oh yeah, leftists just can't help it.

"The cast members of Star Trek Discovery were slammed by social media users Sunday after a photo of the CBS show’s stars taking a knee went viral online.
The photo, posted on Discovery star Sonequa Martin-Green’s Instagram account, was an apparent show of unity with NFL players protesting the national anthem.

The post, captioned with the hashtag #StarTrekDiscovery and #takeaknee, appeared online just hours after the show’s world premiere."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...knee-shows-premiere/

Seriously I just deleted it from my DVR. Fuck you

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Kirk: Scotty! I need more virtue signaling!

Mr. Scott: WE'RE GIVIN' YA ALL WE CAN CAP'IN!!!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I laughed at Larry Coreia's comment.

quote:
I feel bad for the marketing person at CBS in charge of Star Trek Discovery.

"Okay guys, all our buzz is terrible, we are on a stupid pay service, and the reviews for our first episodes are pretty dismal. But if we just tread carefully we can still get America to give us a cha--" Cast takes a knee to show solidarity with NFL players. "Come on! Seriously?"

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Their disrespect for the Klingon Empire and racist compulsion to change the appearance of Klingons had be on the edge... and that photo has done it. I might have given them a chance but they are dead to me.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Anybody have a link to CBS so I can send them a message about why I will NEVER watch this show now?

Idiots. EVERYTHING with the leftists is political.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Anybody have a link to CBS so I can send them a message about why I will NEVER watch this show now?

Here you go:

http://www.cbs.com/feedback/

Star Trek: Discovery is among the shows you can select in the drop-down menu.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by at-home-daddy:
quote:

Here you go:

Thanks! Done!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
quote:

Here you go:

Thanks! Done!

+1

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I am so sick of this crap.

If you want to weave a well written allegory to current events into your show, have at it.

If you are going to come right out and say "Ohh by the way half the country is a bunch of ignorant troglodytes and ohh yeah we are going to even make an overt gesture to piss some more viewers off. Ohh and by the way we are going to charge you for the privledge of viewing our show."

Sorry not gonna happen and I have let CBS know. I am not a bite my nose off anti all media / actors with different views off camera kind of guy. I don't even mind stories that present other views that are well written. This hamfisted political bullshit is another thing all together.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I KNEW it, this show was going to be super-preachy and virture-signally!

They just killed themselves. One year, if that is what I give 'em.

Posts: 33776 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks, I submitted my thoughts. They will never have me as a viewer, and I am a life long fan of Trek.

Here you go:

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Star Trek Discovery

STD

Yeah, it fits.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Besides, how can it be Star Trek without a ship named Enterprise??? Razz

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

Well, there was Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Smile

"To boldly stay where nobody has stayed before."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

Well, there was Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Smile

"To boldly stay where nobody has stayed before."

Like I said... Wink

DS9 was a sort of interesting sci-fi show on it's own, but IMO it wasn't "really" ST. The only things that sort of let it qualify as ST were Worf and that the Enterprise did make a brief appearance every now and then.

Aaaaaannnd now I'll go and hide while the DS9 fans throw molotov cocktails at me.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The series just got renewed for season 2.

Oh well . . . .

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post