SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Motion Picture Soundtracks...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motion Picture Soundtracks... Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Guy Richie does good soundtracks. Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Lots of the Marvel movies have great soundtracks too, especially the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.\

My 10 year old son and my Brazilian wife like Led Zeppelin because of the Thor Ragnarok soundtrack.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Almost anything by Jerry Goldsmith: The Greatest Movie Composer Ever. The man could adapt himself and his style to any genera and still sound like himself instead of a watered down somebodyorother like so many other composers.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
A film score is the music composed specifically for the movie to serve and enhance the story. It is usually instrumental only so as not to compete with dialog. It is also called underscore (a term I, as a composer, find ever so slightly belittling) or even incidental music (that one makes me bristle a bit).

The term soundtrack can refer to several things, depending on use. In the broadest sense it simply means everything you hear in the movie - sound effects, dialog, music. This meaning is usually applied in a more technical setting, in reference to the sound as opposed to the visuals. Soundtrack can also refer to the entirety of the music in the film, encompassing score AND songs that were either licensed or written for the film. Confusingly enough, oftentimes record companies will release a soundtrack from a movie which does not include any of the score. Generally that's because people are more interested in listening to songs from the movie that were written to stand alone, as opposed to score which was written to be part of the whole of the film. So the term soundtrack can also refer to only the songs in a movie, excluding the score.

I think of a soundtrack as a collection of recorded music, by different songwriters, singers, musicians that adds to the...atmosphere of a movie (I guess not everyone does). Tarantino has earned a reputation for assembling interesting soundtracks for his movies.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
As far as song selections, rather than scores, I love many:

Most any Tarantino film. Most any Coen Brothers film. Most any Cameron Crowe film.

Most anything T Bone Burnett has had a hand in, like the True Detective season one soundtrack.

Trent Reznor has scored a few now, guys from Radiohead, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
My all time favorite soundtrack is from "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Some really beautiful music.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thief
Manhunter

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post