SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Logan's Run TV Series
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Logan's Run TV Series Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
I'd forgotten this even existed. Not stellar but still....

It's running on XUMO's DUST channel.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
As kids, my sister and I each had our favorite show, for any given night of the week. Little House on the Prairie was hers and Logan's Run was mine, same night same time slot...and only one TV. I used to despise Little House back then, but grew to actually enjoy the show many years later.

My Dad got tired of the fighting and decreed, with the wisdom of King Solomon, that each week we would alternate, one week her show, the next week mine. On the weeks when Little House was on, I would sit, literally, right next to the TV with my tape recorder, as this was a couple years before Beta/ VHS VCRs hit the market. The instant the commercials interrupted Little House I would grab a hold of that TV dial and twist like a mad man, just to catch a few seconds or a minute or so of Logan's Run and I would press record on the tape recorder to catch it. Then, when my sister started screaming that the commercials were over and her show was back on I'd click the tape recorder off, and spin the TV dial back to her show.

Somewhere, in some old set of antique dresser drawers, lies a stack of tape recordings of Logan's Run and Battle Star Galactica. Stupid kid stuff...but it brings back some memories. Smile

I never did get to watch the entire Logan's Run TV series. As a huge Sci-Fi buff, I used to buy a Sci-Fi magaziine called Starlog with my allowance money. One issue I treasured had the "technical drawings" for that super cool awesomeness torch blaster that the Sandmen used to carry on the show. I used to stare at that drawing for hours, trying to figure out how to make one with something more substantive than Legos...something that would really 'work'... I kept eyeing my Dad's propane torch, but figured he would probably miss it sooner or later and tan my hyde for torching the neighborhood...ahhh, but to have that torch blaster. Good memories. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I was always a fan (and still am) of the movie - not so much the series, but I do love some 70s and 80s TV (particularly sci-fi), which is infinitely better than the crap they put out these days.

Thanks for the info!

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I think about the series often. The premise is not all that far fetched in today's climate. I check my palms frequently.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
As kids, my sister and I each had our favorite show, for any given night of the week. Little House on the Prairie was hers and Logan's Run was mine, same night same time slot...and only one TV. I used to despise Little House back then, but grew to actually enjoy the show many years later.

My Dad got tired of the fighting and decreed, with the wisdom of King Solomon, that each week we would alternate, one week her show, the next week mine. On the weeks when Little House was on, I would sit, literally, right next to the TV with my tape recorder, as this was a couple years before Beta/ VHS VCRs hit the market. The instant the commercials interrupted Little House I would grab a hold of that TV dial and twist like a mad man, just to catch a few seconds or a minute or so of Logan's Run and I would press record on the tape recorder to catch it. Then, when my sister started screaming that the commercials were over and her show was back on I'd click the tape recorder off, and spin the TV dial back to her show.

Somewhere, in some old set of antique dresser drawers, lies a stack of tape recordings of Logan's Run and Battle Star Galactica. Stupid kid stuff...but it brings back some memories. Smile

I never did get to watch the entire Logan's Run TV series. As a huge Sci-Fi buff, I used to buy a Sci-Fi magaziine called Starlog with my allowance money. One issue I treasured had the "technical drawings" for that super cool awesomeness torch blaster that the Sandmen used to carry on the show. I used to stare at that drawing for hours, trying to figure out how to make one with something more substantive than Legos...something that would really 'work'... I kept eyeing my Dad's propane torch, but figured he would probably miss it sooner or later and tan my hyde for torching the neighborhood...ahhh, but to have that torch blaster. Good memories. Smile

I used to subscribe to Starlog Magazine,

still have some issues somewhere

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I always liked the premise of that show, but maybe instead of the magic age being 30 it could be 50 or 60?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, all the episodes from both seasons are on regular YouTube. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This is an 'intro' of Logan's Run on youtube. There is a girl starting at :44 on this clip that I think I instantaneously recognized as the bodacious set of ta ta's, David Keith's regular squeeze from An Officer and a Gentleman. This would have only been a few years earlier. I think it's her, take a look.

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
This is an 'intro' of Logan's Run on youtube. There is a girl starting at :44 on this clip that I think I instantaneously recognized as the bodacious set of ta ta's, David Keith's regular squeeze from An Officer and a Gentleman. This would have only been a few years earlier. I think it's her, take a look.

You are thinking of Lisa Blount, who played Lynette Pomeroy, Sid's girlfriend.

The girl in Logan's Run is Heather Menzies of The Sound of Music fame.

Posts: 9032 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
You're right of course. I just checked IMDB. I also didn't know that she died in late 2010 of a blood disorder. Damn.

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post