SIGforum
Anyone Watch "The Goldbergs"?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5440015674

November 11, 2020, 12:39 PM
PASig
Anyone Watch "The Goldbergs"?
The wife and I love it but have noticed it's seemed to have gone downhill last season and so far this season. Something seems "off" about it and I found out the reason (I think):

‘The Goldbergs’ Creator Adam F. Goldberg Steps Down As Showrunner, Chris Bishop & Alex Barnow To Succeed Him

This appears to be another comedy series that is running out of steam at the 6-7 year mark.

November 11, 2020, 04:41 PM
jhe888
I used to say that any TV show was dead after about three seasons. Now, since seasons are short, it can be four or five seasons. After that, they are rehashing old material.

And yeah, I thought "Goldbergs" was better than average. Who doesn't like George Segal, if nothing else. But all the characters were better than average.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
November 11, 2020, 05:31 PM
Lord Vaalic
I have to agree, this season just started, but the wife and I already said its just not the same, something is off

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
November 11, 2020, 05:33 PM
mrapteam666
I am actually watching a re-run of the Goldberg's right now.

We are a big fan of the show but so far this year it seems forced.

In fact during the season opener I did not know who Barry's rich girlfriend was.

I think this year may be the last.

I love watching re-runs from the first couple of seasons but the last year or so I could do without.
November 11, 2020, 05:37 PM
Lord Vaalic
quote:
In fact during the season opener I did not know who Barry's rich girlfriend was.

I think maybe they changed the actress? Because I was confused also, but the wife remembered he had a girlfriend from the last season who was rich. It was his sisters room mate

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
November 15, 2020, 05:45 PM
bendable
Beverly and Barry are the the two that keep that show moving.

If you have not seen Haley Orrantia sing , she has a few YouTube's that I think are worth a look.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
November 16, 2020, 06:08 AM
downtownv
quote:
Haley Orrantia

Haley Orrantia has some very interesting pics on google, I think she's hawt!

https://www.teampython.com