SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Well....There goes 007
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well....There goes 007 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
The writer of the next James Bond movie says he will make Bond exist in the "metoo" modern world where he won't "use" women anymore.

Is nothing sacred? Guess the Bond franchise is shit now too, with a SJW 007. Maybe he will fight with SPECTRE to foil the ever advancing evils of toxic masculinity.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Holy emasculation, Batman.
Will Bond drive a Prius in the next flick, too?

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I won’t jump on the hate wagon just yet... I remember when they said something similar about The Living Daylights. “They” said they were going to curtail Bond’s womanizing by only having him bed the blonde cello player. It had to do with making people feel like they were slowing the spread of aids.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I hear he will drink Cosmopolitans and be wearing a Invicta diver..

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

A Vespa. It wouldn't be the first time in the series.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
be wearing a Invicta diver..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StayFrosty:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

A Vespa. It wouldn't be the first time in the series.

No no, that was Vesper Wink Big Grin

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Man bun fashioned by M, beware. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
A man bun would make a fantastic covert explosive/grenade. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I suppose this is off the table

https://youtu.be/bcNGYRKBfHA

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:
I won’t jump on the hate wagon just yet... I remember when they said something similar about The Living Daylights. “They” said they were going to curtail Bond’s womanizing by only having him bed the blonde cello player. It had to do with making people feel like they were slowing the spread of aids.

I remember this. It didn't go over well w/ viewers, and I believe it's one of the reasons why Timothy Dalton only lasted two movies as Bond. The franchise brought in Pierce Brosnan, and Bond was back to putting the screws to the ladies.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by iron chef:
quote:
Originally posted by scot818:

I remember this. It didn't go over well w/ viewers, and I believe it's one of the reasons why Timothy Dalton only lasted two movies as Bond. The franchise brought in Pierce Brosnan, and Bond was back to putting the screws to the ladies.
I didn't know that. I stopped watching when Judi Dench came along. It was that speech she gave Bond about not tolerating his womanizing and recklessness that drove me away for a while. Isn't that what 007 is all about?

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprized if they made him bisexual or homosexual.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I wouldn't be surprized if they made him bisexual or homosexual.

Or a woman?

https://www.express.co.uk/ente...ure-female-woman-007

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Bond, Jane Bond....

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
be wearing a Invicta diver..

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3utGASnOkeo" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Cripes Ronin!! I was laughing out loud at that one. Nicely done.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I'll admit the womanizing wasnt in the last few bonds , but I thought that was due to the focus being more on his action parts.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
I didn't know that. I stopped watching when Judi Dench came along. It was that speech she gave Bond about not tolerating his womanizing and recklessness that drove me away for a while. Isn't that what 007 is all about?

M, of course, is Bond's boss. S/he takes an 'ends justify the means' approach to Bond's missions, but she also has to answer to her boss for his actions, so she can't be totally laissez faire w/ him either. 007 gets a lot of latitude, b/c he's MI6's best agent.

More specifically regarding womanizing, bedding, (and gambling, drinking, other vices) if Bond is doing it on agency time and resources, M stresses it should be for a mission purpose, not just b/c he's horny. It's not as if she's strictly opposed to it.

Ultimately, Bond and M (every movie incarnation) mutually care and respect each other deeply. Dench's M was a surrogate mother-figure to him, and her death in Skyfall devastated Bond.

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gasche
posted Hide Post
The guy is “licensed to kill”, but he gets reeled in on his sexual activity? Only in the movies.

Posts: 748 | Location: Western Washington AC | Registered: August 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
You guys have it all wrong,

Bond will be a cross dressing transvestite with a wooden leg, telling you to recycle and save the world from those evil 100 watt light bulbs!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post