SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Big Little Lies (HBO)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Little Lies (HBO) Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
Season 1 was 7 episodes, and just wrapped up.

I'd of probably not given it a chance if the guys on the local sports radio station hadn't kinda raved about it early in the season, as it centers mostly around some well-off, sometimes catty wimmins in an upscale seaside town in California, but the storytelling, character development, acting and production are top notch. It stars Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Laura Dern and Shaliene Woodley in the central female roles.

There's a good amount of mystery and tension in the season, and the finale was chock full of complexity, tension, explosiveness and payoff. Worth a try if you're looking for something to watch and have HBO, IMO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rusbro,

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear. I think it's my wife's turn to pick the next show, and she has her eye on this one. I wasn't super excited about it, but she did sit through WestWorld with me (she hates both Sci-Fi and Westerns).

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Don't forget Alexander Skarsgard. He makes the series, imho.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
We just finihsed it. Thanks for the recommendation. Kind of cool how they set up the season. Rather than showing a death and spending the season figuring out "who dunnit", they left you guessing who died until the last couple of minutes. Annnnd....lots of Nicole Kidman's boobies.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post