SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Pussy Galore has died at 94
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pussy Galore has died at 94 Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
of natural causes.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertai...-bond-170927546.html

Actress Honor Blackman, best known as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger, has died at age 94.

In a statement to U.K. newspaper the Guardian, the British star’s family said: “It’s with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Honor Blackman aged 94. She died peacefully of natural causes at her home in Lewes, Sussex, surrounded by her family.”

In a statement to U.K. newspaper the Guardian, the British star’s family said: “It’s with great sadness that we have to announce the death of Honor Blackman aged 94. She died peacefully of natural causes at her home in Lewes, Sussex, surrounded by her family.”

Blackman shot to fame as crimefighter Cathy Gale in the hit spy show The Avengers, alongside Patrick Macnee as John Steed. She played the role from 1962 to 1964.

She later expressed regret at leaving the hit TV series for the 007 film saying, “I walked away at the wrong moment. They were just going from black and white to color, they were starting to get real film money.”

“I never considered myself a sex symbol,” she told Saga in 2015. “I hate watching myself. I’ve only seen Goldfinger twice: once at the premiere and once at the 50th anniversary. I’ve turned down parts in the past because they required a sexy woman and I didn’t think that was me. I always wanted to play the secretary. I know, it’s extraordinary, but it’s the truth.”

She appeared in a number of films including Jason and the Argonauts, Life at the Top, The Virgin and the Gypsy, Shalako and Something Big.

Blackman also enjoyed a successful TV career with roles in Columbo, Minder, Midsomer Murders, Coronation Street, Casualty and Doctor Who. She had a leading role in the hit British sitcom The Upper Hand, which ran for six seasons from 1990 to 1996.

In 1964, aged 39, she left The Avengers to became one of the oldest “Bond girls,” playing Pussy Galore opposite Sean Connery in the third James Bond film, Goldfinger.

She later expressed regret at leaving the hit TV series for the 007 film saying, “I walked away at the wrong moment. They were just going from black and white to color, they were starting to get real film money.”

“I never considered myself a sex symbol,” she told Saga in 2015. “I hate watching myself. I’ve only seen Goldfinger twice: once at the premiere and once at the 50th anniversary. I’ve turned down parts in the past because they required a sexy woman and I didn’t think that was me. I always wanted to play the secretary. I know, it’s extraordinary, but it’s the truth.”

She appeared in a number of films including Jason and the Argonauts, Life at the Top, The Virgin and the Gypsy, Shalako and Something Big.

Blackman also enjoyed a successful TV career with roles in Columbo, Minder, Midsomer Murders, Coronation Street, Casualty and Doctor Who. She had a leading role in the hit British sitcom The Upper Hand, which ran for six seasons from 1990 to 1996.

Her last acting role was in 2015, when she guest-starred in British TV show You, Me & Them, playing the mischievous mother of actor Anthony Head.

Blackman married twice: to Bill Sankey from 1948 to 1956, and to British actor Maurice Kaufmann, with whom she adopted two children, from 1961 to 1975. She never remarried, saying she preferred to stay single.

“People can’t understand it,” she said. “Basically I’m a shy person and I like my own company. I couldn’t bear to be with someone now. I do exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it. I’ve always been like that … you’re only hindered by husbands!”

Director Edgar Wright was among those paying tribute to Blackman, calling her the “ultimate Bond girl.”

RIP, ultimate Bond Girl and original Avenger, Honor Blackman. pic.twitter.com/D1IXN0KLIw

— edgarwright (@edgarwright) April 6, 2020
Other tributes have rolled in from Bond producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson, as well as other celebrities.

RIP Honor Blackman, 94.
A wonderful actress, and my favourite of all the Bond girls when she played Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. She died of natural causes. Her family said she was ‘an extraordinary combination of beauty, brains and physical prowess’.
Yes she was. What a life. pic.twitter.com/odS791EqfX

— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) April 6, 2020
“Today we mark the passing of a film icon, Honor Blackman who shall forever be remembered as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger. She was an extraordinary talent and a beloved member of the Bond family. Our thoughts are with her family at this time.” Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli pic.twitter.com/pXnidipKLJ

— James Bond (@007) April 6, 2020
Farewell Honor Blackman. She will live forever as Pussy Galore in ‘Goldfinger’. @007 pic.twitter.com/Ae7BarFbjT

— David Walliams (@davidwalliams) April 6, 2020

Q

Posts: 26379 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
RIP Ms. Blackman.

"Goldfinger was a game changer, huge on so many levels. Honor Blackman is memorialized like few could wish for.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Rest easy Ms. Blackman, your beauty will never die..

Posts: 13811 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And! Jill St. John, my favorite Bond lady from my favorite Bond movie is going to be 80 y.o. Eek

J.S.J was 31 in that move,
Pretty sure that's why I have always gone for the older ladie's

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bendable,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Bond lady, Diana Rigg, is 81! I watched "Goldfinger" last night in honor of Ms. Blackman.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who can forget the aerial gas attack on Ft Knox??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUm0KY8dJA

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Pussy Nomore.

RIP, Ma'am.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The sexiest women are the ones who don’t act like they’re a goddesses made flesh. She was flat out hot.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Who can forget the aerial gas attack on Ft Knox??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrUm0KY8dJA

so campy

hard to imagine that was 'high intrigue' back in the day

---------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I remember growing up with the Bond movies in the 60s. With my parents we saw From Russia With Love and Goldfinger at a drive-in in Galveston Texas. Lots of humidity and mosquitos but a great time for me. I've got all the Bond flicks on BD now, Goldfinger is still one of my favorites. RIP Honor.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Bond's reply upon meeting her and hearing her name "I must be dreaming."

RIP, Honor. You played one of the best "Bond girls" - beautiful, sexy, intelligent and classy.

quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
I remember growing up with the Bond movies in the 60s. With my parents we saw From Russia With Love and Goldfinger at a drive-in in Galveston Texas. Lots of humidity and mosquitos but a great time for me. I've got all the Bond flicks on BD now, Goldfinger is still one of my favorites. RIP Honor.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I must be dreaming.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
The best Bond girl. No doubt.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Another legend, gone. Am I dreaming?

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
posted April 08, 2020 08:37 AM Hide Post
The sexiest women are the ones who don’t act like they’re a goddesses made flesh. She was flat out hot.[/quote]

very true!

Posts: 128 | Location: somewhere in the lower great lakes | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
yep, a roll in the hay.... for sure.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Fond memory: buddies and I decided to “kidnap” one of our friends and take him to Goldfinger.
We went to his Mom’s house (where he lived, natch), picked him up one at each arm and leg, and carried him to the car. His mother came out wanting to know what was going on. Larry, the victim tried to assure her we were her friends. Fortunately she wasn’t armed.
Most fun going to the movies...well, with guys.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Honor Blackman,you were blessed to live 94 years.

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post