SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Saw John Fogerty in concert last Saturday night
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw John Fogerty in concert last Saturday night Login/Join 
posted
He played at Freedom Fest in La Crosse, WI. The last Freedom Fest they'll do, and after 10 years, IMO, the best act they ever had and one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Fogerty is CCR, and the only non CCR songs he played were "Old Man Down the Road" and "Centerfield" from when he was solo in the 80's (both great) and a song he did with Brad Paisley recently. The rest was all CCR, and at 72, he didn't sound any different than he did in the 60's. He gave a great tribute to fallen vets from WI over the past 16 years, too. I'm glad I finally got to see CCR.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Always liked him and CCR.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Great voice, classic songs.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
I'm currently reading his autobiography, Fortunate Son. It's really good. I haven't been lucky enough to catch him in person.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Damn, that would have been fun. Now I have "Suzy Q" running on a loop through my head. That song would be amazing live

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^You know, that was the only one of their classic songs they did not play, and I was hoping they would. They played for an hour and forty minutes and the encore was "Proud Mary" and "Fortunate Son." Fogerty's got a very talented group of guys in his band, including his son, Shane, who is an outstanding guitarist. He also told a funny story of when they were at Woodstock and had to follow up the Grateful Dead at about 2 in the morning, even though they were scheduled for 9 PM, and hardly anyone was awake.

One thing that totally surprised me when I read his bio on Wiki was that he and his brother Tom are originally from Berkley, CA! I had always assumed he was from some small town in Louisiana.

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5159 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Saw part of one of his shows online and have a live CD. During on of the chorus's of Bad Moon, he clearly enunciates "there's a bathroom on the right". He smiles, and the crowd loved it.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
Went and saw him 2 years ago. Great concert, and the old man still has it.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Would have liked to have seen that show. JF is good!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:

...Now I have "Suzy Q" running on a loop through my head...

Me too! Reminds of my Army days 45+ years ago when a pal played that LP (the one with the out of focus cover) over and over and over.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the very few big acts of that era that I never saw. Always liked CCR, always admired Fogerty's talent. Glad to hear he's still got it. Good for him.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I remember when he was sued, for plagiarizing himself.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is effing amazing is he sounds a heck of a lot like that guy that sings the song about Put me in Coach.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw CCR revisited a while back when Elliot Easton was playing Guitar for them.

I really was not interested in going because Fogerty was not with them, but wife and sister talked me into it and I was not disappointed, they were really good.

I also saw a band from Chicago who did all CCR songs and they were pretty good too. Loved CCR.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post