SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tool to release new album August 30th 2019.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tool to release new album August 30th 2019. Login/Join 
Picture of nojoy
posted
Maybe old news. But I just found out. Bout time Cool

https://consequenceofsound.net...um-release-date/amp/

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Carey's a fantastic drummer.

Thanks for the heads up.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Good stuff. The day the first single was released a Boston station played Inoculum every hour on the top of the hour.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Love everything about this album. Great stuff

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I finally had the chance to listen to the entire CD today.

*** Spoiler Alert Fear Inoculum review below ***

Is it a good album? Yes.

Is the CD artwork cool? Yes, it has a movie in it! Loops a video twice and shuts down. It can be recharged. There is also a booklet with art and lyrics. The CD comes with a link to download MP3s. I am glad I found a copy.

Is it Tool? Yes.

Did they change? Yes. It has been 13 years. In my opinion, this album isn't as agressive as other albums. I enjoyed it and have only listened once. At this time, in my mind, I am a bit reminded of how Metalica changed when the black album came out. It was a step away from the norm of Metalica and possibly a step toward a larger audience. I think Tool has done something similar with this album.

I don't say this to discourage purchase or listening. In my mind, if you like Tool, you'll like the album. If you are expecting Sober, Stinkfist, or 46 and 2, you won't get it. The overall feel is still Tool, 7empest was probably the hardest hitting song on the album. At times I felt this had more of a heavy Enigma feel to it.

I am sure I will be rocking out to it more and more in the next few weeks. Recently, I realized that even though I have all the albums and listen frequeny frequently, I don't know the words to most of the songs. I simply enjoy the sound not only as a whole, but if of each instrument individually. Every member of the group is talented and it comes through in the music.

edited to correct striked typos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ffips,

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I think I was the only one underwhelmed by this album. After waiting so long, it was a disappointment and seemed to reuse riffs.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I think I was the only one underwhelmed by this album.

Probably so. Got to listen to it today running errands down to Salt Lake City and back (lots of driving in the jeep), and I love the new album. Really love it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I got this one on cd yesterday and have listened to it twice so far. It is just a great album, I'm very happy with it. If you are a Tool fan, you will have to get this one.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I think I was the only one underwhelmed by this album. After waiting so long, it was a disappointment and seemed to reuse riffs.

No, I’m a bit underwhelmed as well. There is some cool stuff on the album but I agree with the reused riff comment. Granted, I have only listened to the album a couple times, but it does seem a bit repetitive.

I’m glad they put Chocolate Chip Trip on the album. That was a treat from the live show I was hoping to hear again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ugeesta,

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Put me in the underwhelmed category as well.

I too was waiting for it to get a bit more aggressive like the albums of the past. Just kept waiting but never happened.

I’ll listen on occasion since one can stream it on Amazon but won’t make a solid part of my rotation.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
Upon first listening, it’s a good album. Hell, it’s Tool and the worst Tool still blows everything else away.

I can tell it’s going to take multiple listenings to really digest it.

Rumor has it, this was an album of unreleased material to fulfill a contract. I’m not sure if that’s true or not but a lot of the album does sound like it may have come out of the Lateralus era. But again, see my first paragraph.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I have downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. I've got to be on the road today for about 4 hours, and I plan on listening to it. Probably a couple of times Smile

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I have the complete Tool library prior to this album. I'll be getting this later this week.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I have the complete Tool library prior to this album. I'll be getting this later this week.

Do you have the Salival CD/DVD set?
It appears to be drawing some decent money especially the initial release with the typos.
I think I gave like $15 way back when for it. Guess I’ll keep it all tucked away and safe.

————————————————

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I believe I only have the album. I’ll have to check.

**EDIT: Just got home:

I don't have the DVD.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Orguss,

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
I got the new TOOL CD a couple days ago. ($44.00) Had a chance to listen to it (all 7 songs including the drummer solo) about 6 times Smile I think this is their best work yet. It’s TOOL, but different. Some of the songs remind me of A Perfect Circle. Starting off a little slow, then finishing hard. Not hard core like their early stuff,ie “Prison Sex or Eulogy” but still menacing.
This might be their last album. We shall see. May have to wait another 13 years to find out Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nojoy,

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I lucked out on the day it was released and found the CD at Walmart for 35.97, there was only two there. I love this album.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Looking like I’ll be in Cincy November 5th for the concert.

————————————————

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Soooooo....

I finally gave it a listen in it's entirety.

This is life, this is a once vibrant and shattering presence... growing old.

Aenima and Lateralus were musical feats that shattered barriers of rock music dogma and philosophy. But, as with 10000 days you could feel the depth and message shallowing.

The riffs are there, good to know the live shows will be amazing for some time yet, it is Tool, but not with the brightness, analysis, and introspection of decades past.

This is generation Y elevator music.

Dissappointed, but as I charge into my 40s, I get it.

The message has been said, and what we are left with are echoes of their once ground breaking rhythmic, dissonant signature.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post