SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Favorite battle scenes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite battle scenes Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Along with already that's been mentioned/posted, I'll go under the waves and say the submarine footage in U-571 was pretty intense. Ain't no way I could be a submariner...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I’ll add the opening battle of the live action Battleship Yamato. It’s relatively short but intense and saddening when a captain sacrifrices his ship to protect the admiral’s as he retreats.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
"Enemy at the Gates" The Battle of Stalingrad.

"Zulu"

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Steven Spielberg's "P51 Mustang-Cadillac of the Skies!" scene from the movie "Empire of the Sun" (1987). I swear I could almost smell what was happening there. Simply gorgeous.

An epic scene my first thought as well.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I’ll add the opening battle of the live action Battleship Yamato. It’s relatively short but intense and saddening when a captain sacrifrices his ship to protect the admiral’s as he retreats.

I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't sure many would get the reference.

I LOVE that movie.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I was mistaken...he wasn't an admiral.
https://youtu.be/GenQSOl1OMQ

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll add the opening battle of the live action Battleship Yamato.

Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I LOVE that movie.

I definitely prefer the animated series. The new series Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and 2202 look totally badass, but I haven't had a chance to hunt down a copy yet. The clips of the Comet Empire battles from the Yamato 2202 series look CRAY-CRAY!!! Eek

Posts: 5585 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The final scene to rescue Jason Bateman's character at the end of The Kingdom.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
who can forget Master and Commander??

FIRE AS SHE BEARS !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f06_CkYvIik

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
The Battle of Bloody Porch, The Wild Bunch

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Any battle scene in last of the Mohicans. The air to air scenes in Dunkirk.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
I have some odd ones.
The Vietnam scene in Forrest Gump. It just feels real.

And, Battle of the Badtards in Game of Thrones.
The very opening, where the scene is shot from behind John Snow, with the heavy cavity charging down on him.
Beautifully filmed and executed.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
quote:
I’ll add the opening battle of the live action Battleship Yamato...

I definitely prefer the animated series.

+1

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yet to be seen, but the Battle for/at Winterfell in the last season of Game of Thrones is supposed to be the longest ever filmed, possibly over 40 minutes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
This one.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I love the battle scene in Band of Brothers, when Easy Company is defending the high ground outside of Carentan, and they fight off a German attack including tanks.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post