SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    By Grabthar's Hammer...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

By Grabthar's Hammer... Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
What a savings

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
lol The time it takes for the thread to load is an almost perfect delay for the line.

"I see you've managed to get your shirt off."

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm just "Crewman Number Six." I'm expendable. I'm the guy in the episode who dies to prove how serious the situation is. I've gotta get outta here.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
"Let's get out of here before one of those things kill Guy!"

Sigourney is so funny in this movie.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3185 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
There were five curtain calls, I was an actor once, damn it. Now look at me, look at me! I won't go out there and say that stupid line one more time...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My common sense
is tingling
Picture of Kravashera
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice that when Sigourney Weaver yells, "screw this!", as they are looking down the hallway with the mashers, that her lips are clearly forming a word beginning with an F...?

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein

Posts: 988 | Location: Valley of the Sun, AZ | Registered: February 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It happens from time to time in movies.

"Whoever wrote this episode should die."

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
There were five curtain calls, I was an actor once, damn it. Now look at me, look at me! I won't go out there and say that stupid line one more time...

The show must go on.

Posts: 2010 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Remember yesterday at the convention, those people dressed like aliens? They were aliens! They were termites or... or Dalmatians. I can't really remember cause I was kinda hungover.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Look, I have one job on this lousy ship. It’s stupid, but I’m going to do it, okay?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Look, I have one job on this lousy ship. It’s stupid, but I’m going to do it, okay?

"S-sure, no problem..."

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Sigh. "It's real."

"I KNEW IT!!"

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1952 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I loved how Tony Shaloob acted stoned the whole time, and carried around a brown paper sack (weed munchies?). That was a great movie.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I loved him saying "that was a hell of a thing" after the transport.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
Anyone else notice that when Sigourney Weaver yells, "screw this!", as they are looking down the hallway with the mashers, that her lips are clearly forming a word beginning with an F...?

It was changed. I remember seeing it in theaters and she drops the F bomb. On the DVD and future cable showings it's "Screw this".

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
Sigourney Weaver never looked better as a blonde

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Scene stealing hack...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
"Okay...you gotta move to the right...more to the right---"

"Would you sit your ass down!"

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
This movie was the first time I noticed Sam Rockwell. After this movie I always picked him out and appreciated lot of his roles. I think hes a great actor.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post