SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    New to Netflix and Amazon prime
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to Netflix and Amazon prime Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Lileyhammer (Netflix)

I second this followed up by Noresman. We watched the final episode of Lilyhammer. Going to miss this one!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Netflix: Orange is the New Black isn't bad either.

I got suckered in by the first few scenes of the first episode into thinking there was going to be some doses of Laura Prepon nudity, and occassional attractive bOObage. Boy, was I disappointed. To each their own, but I never got into the show and thus gave up before finishing the first season.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Netflix: Orange is the New Black isn't bad either.

I got suckered in by the first few scenes of the first episode into thinking there was going to be some doses of Laura Prepon nudity, and occassional attractive bOObage. Boy, was I disappointed. To each their own, but I never got into the show and thus gave up before finishing the first season.

Orange first season followed the book up until the end. In the book Piper is the one that gets out after appearing as a witness and basically saying nothing. To that extent I thought season one was pretty good having read the book. It got crappier as the show went along with the last season a complete waste of time. If you like women prison dramas (not for the sex thing Wink ) Wenthworth is a much better. Australian with thick ascents though.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
I'm hooked on the theme song but can't find it to download.

Here you go: Tuyo by Rodrigo Amarante

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I watched episode 1 of Justified and Black mirror.

Gotta say I was like holy shit...He's gonna do the Pig in Black Mirror. It was face paced and I liked that.

Justified was slower paced and it had gun fights everywhere.

Good start to both.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Breaking Bad
Dexter

Two of the best. Should take you a month or two to watch these two shows alone.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've been getting more and more pissed at Amazon Prime because so much of what I'd like to watch is pay-per-view (above and beyond the Prime membership cost). That said, I just ran though the first two seasons of Orphan Black before I realized the final season is PPV (same problem with the final season of Grimm Mad).

Bosch is really good, looking forward to season 4.

Last Man Standing was one of my favorites on Netflix, but they've dropped it now. It's on Amazon, but guess what? PPV!

Finished watching Salvation last month, not bad at all.

Fortitude was fairly good. Weird, but good.

Longmire, The Expanse, and Broadchurch are on my list to watch next.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Many of what I liked has been mentioned, Justified at the top. I got sucked into Sons of Anarchy too.

I really enjoyed Weeds.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
I really enjoyed Weeds.

Yes, Weeds is one of the top five shows I have ever seen. I would put it near the top as well.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
lots of good already mentioned,

I have both however seem to spend more time on Netflix

not mentioned, unless I missed it,

Luther,
Wallander (Kenneth brannagghhh version)
broadchuch
doc martin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Breaking Bad
Dexter

Two of the best. Should take you a month or two to watch these two shows alone.
I didn't think I'd like Dexter but it was actually fantastic. You watch an episode and think that was pretty messed up, how can it get worse? Then they show you.

I've been on episode 5 of Breaking Bad for about 6 months.

I think Chuck was removed from their catalog but if it comes back check it out. It's hilarious.

Santa Clarita Diet is also silly/funny/gross.

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
The Killing
The Shield
Bloodline (except the final 3 episodes sucked)
Strike Back (A new season with a new team starts in February on Cinemax)
Bates Motel
Bosch
Intelligence

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Longmire and The Expanse.

If you like reruns, it sure is nice to have all nine seasons of The Office available.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Watched the first episode of Mindhunter. If it continues to be as good my weekend is fucked.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Since we all like guns and violence, NARCOS has it in spades. Location filming is great. I'm hooked on the theme song but can't find it to download.

Pablo Escobar: El Patron del Mal is a FAR BETTER series than Narcos, far more episodes, far more detailed, more nudity, more helicopter and shooting scenes (it's in Spanish with subtitles but worth it).

to the OP
that
Narcos,
Bloodline
Breaking Bad
Ozark
The Blacklist
Better Call Saul

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'm revisiting Arrested Development again. If you aren't familiar, you should check it out.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
I'm revisiting Arrested Development again. If you aren't familiar, you should check it out.
Ah, yes. Completely hilarious!

Posts: 45331 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watched the first episode of Mindhunter. If it continues to be as good my weekend is fucked.

IMHO Mindhunter was the best Netflix offering of 2017. It’s going to be a long wait for the next season!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Some classic older series that are worth the time:

Shameless
Wentworth (chick prison drama MUCH better that Orange/Black)
Californication
Ash vs. the Evil Dead

I just finished “End of the f***** World” dark British short series of young Bonnie/Clyde couple.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Guess what? Your weekend is fucked. Mindhunter only get's better and better with each episode.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post