SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Songs/bands you're embarrassed to admit you like?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Songs/bands you're embarrassed to admit you like? Login/Join 
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted
Taking inspiration from Black92LX's movie thread, what songs or bands/singers are you a bit embarrassed to admit you like? You know, the kind of thing you'll sing aloud in the car but wouldn't be caught dead listening to in front of your buddies. Razz

Youtube embeds/links are welcome!

I'll start...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgptvsHHYK4

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Fk8drgZE

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
all my friends know I have an extremely eclectic range of music likes,

so I don't worry about what they think so much as not subject them to it if they object,

my brother being the exception,
he is a classic rock guy, and gets annoyed sometimes when I have some Bjork going in the shop,,,, Smile

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Here's one - crappy video and her politics suck, but, back then she was something . . .

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QUq72fla3o

I don't generally like country, being more a hard rock and metal guy, but this is a rare exception. The video makes me feel good all over too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs38lKxmtI4

Because they are so often the butt of jokes, my embarrassing band is Nickelback (Silver Side Up and prior). After that, the jokes are more deserved.

Posts: 27952 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I like a lot of singles released by female pop singers. I own quite a bit of Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry among others.

My favorite groups are Nine Inch Nails, Rage Against the Machine and Tool but in my main playlist their music is mixed with that of the pop singers above.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Anything by TESLA

yeah, yeah, I know.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Little River Band.
Tracey Ullman

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked Disco. There, I've said it !

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
grew up in that era, so listen to it occasionally

google Goldfrapp,
their (Alison Goldfrapp is the singer, band goes by her last name) stuff is varied, but the 2nd and I think 3rd album have a some great songs that were mixed into even better disco/dance mixes

lovely 2CU comes to mind

quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Motown, I can get into some Funkadelics for sure.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5150 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I like a lot of Lady Gaga's and Katy Perry's songs. I'm not embarrassed at all as long as I don't have to live with them. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Motown, I can get into some Funkadelics for sure.

Wait. You’re embarrassed for liking anything from the entire Motown catalog?

Like some responded to the movie thread; I’m not embarrassed about any of the music I like. There are some outliers (some songs in what could be called Dance music), but I’m certainly comfortable with them.

Posts: 13257 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Milli Vanilli Big Grin

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can neither confirm nor deny that I am a Barry Manilow fan.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

It's possible I may have a couple of disco greatest hits CDs in my car.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Like some responded to the movie thread; I’m not embarrassed about any of the music I like.

Me too. To me, there is only good music vs. bad music.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Soooo, I am in the crowd which like Abba, Go-Go's, and Bangles.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post