SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Man in the High Castle Season 3 - Oct 5th
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man in the High Castle Season 3 - Oct 5th Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
New Trailer on Amazon under the Season 3 tab and Youtube - looks to be an exciting Season!

NOTE - Spoilers if you haven't watched Season 1 & 2

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
<squeals with glee>

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
How is it they're milking this thing?

Don't get me wrong, I loved season 1. Season 2 seemed to retread stuff. What's in season 3?

Philip K. Dick's story pretty much ended in season one.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got done watching the first two seasons, while slow developing, it's a super interesting concept. Looking forward to season-3.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, Season 1 & 2 are more drama with lots of mental gymnastics trying to figure out what is what and who is who.

I think Season 3 will have a more action focus, now that some of the battle lines are drawn and things understood.

Personally I think it's a great show and concept.

I get that some people today need explosions / gunfire / sex every 15 minutes in order to be entertained, along with everything explained, but this show isn't that.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
How is it they're milking this thing?

Don't get me wrong, I loved season 1. Season 2 seemed to retread stuff. What's in season 3?

Philip K. Dick's story pretty much ended in season one.

I hope they "milk" 5-6 more seasons out of this thing!

I love it.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I like it quite a lot. Season 2 got criticized pretty heavily. To each their own.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah critics gave Season 2 some heat but I thought it was even better than 1. Audiences agreed as well.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Makes a great reason to catch up. I started watching the show this spring and only made it a few episodes before other stuff came up and I didn’t get back to it. Quite enjoyed the premise.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And from a period correct props / tech standpoint, its very well done - twisted to meet the narrative that the Nazis won and are a bit further ahead of where we were in the early 60s, with Concordes, MP5s, active space program, and helicopters... you can tell they put a LOT of thought into everything, not just hand actors whatever is easy to get.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
And from a period correct props / tech standpoint, its very well done - twisted to meet the narrative that the Nazis won and are a bit further ahead of where we were in the early 60s, with Concordes, MP5s, active space program, and helicopters... you can tell they put a LOT of thought into everything, not just hand actors whatever is easy to get.

In the book, the Greater German Reich had already started establishing bases on the Moon and Mars IIRC.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
And from a period correct props / tech standpoint, its very well done

My wife is native Japanese. She regularly complains about the terrible calligraphy wall art like the ones hanging in the Trade Minister's office. <shrug>

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Given that Dick wrote the original book in 1962, did he start the 'what if...' genre of fiction writing?

Surprised that they haven't shown more American-Chinese and Japanese being persecuted by the Japanese occupation forces. Given what the Japanese did in China during WWII and Frank's resistance partner/love interest Sarah, makes mention of Manzanar internment camp and the after effects.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright, alright, it's out now.

Just watched the ep.1 of the new 3rd season. A bunch of changes and a few new locations. Hopefully this season is a bit more accelerated then the last two.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Part of me loves this show, part hates it. While not really a television version of the book, I dig how they've captured the feel of a conquered America. The look is great too.

The story is kinda 'meh' though. I thought the part where Tagomi was reading the 'forbidden' books and mused about the mind seeing that something is 'not true' and allowing the body to travel elsewhere that is 'more true' (or something like that) was really cool, but now we're seeing that this travelling is not that uncommon. For me, that kinda takes away the 'special' part of it.

All that said, it's still a neat alt historical drama. LOL

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Binged it yesterday with the day off.

More action that than 1-2, but still the same genre and development.

Set up well for Season 4, although I found myself wishing they had another couple episodes this seasons to fill in some more of the blanks.

But then again, the blanks are why you keep watching.

Still a huge, huge fan of the show.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just watched episode 5, did not see at least 2 things coming.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally got done with it all.

Of the two major death's, Blake's I didn't expect so soon and Frank's I would've expected perhaps next season.

Got a chuckle every time they showed the Japanese fleet at anchor, in front of the Golden Gate Bridge...it's only the deepest part of the bay not to mention the most volatile to the tidal wash. Was cool to see the Yamato or, what appeared to be.

Hard to believe with everyone in Denver staring at the resistance banner, that nobody stepped-up to help Frank from getting abducted or, a riot didn't ensure. Not sure how things worked in the neutral zone but, I was under the impression that both sides didn't operate there and it was largely ungoverned.

Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Just fi ished it tonight! I wish the next season was dropping tomorrow!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes I finished season 3. The end certainty pointed to another season. I thought 3 moved along a little faster. The ending and events in PA filled in a few holes.

The theme song is somewhat haunting when paired up with the theme of the show, at least the family can’t stand it.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post