SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Looks like the Without Remorse movie is finally being made.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like the Without Remorse movie is finally being made. Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
I've been wanting to see this movie made for a long time. I know a lot of others feel the same way.

Paramount has set spy thriller “Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse,” starring Michael B. Jordan, for a Sept. 18, 2020, release.
Jordan is starring as operations officer John Clark, who is one of the recurring characters in Clancy’s Jack Ryan universe. In the novel, published in 1993 and set during the 1970s, “Without Remorse” provides an origin story of Clark as former Navy SEAL John Kelly, who exacts revenge on brutal drug gangsters in Baltimore.
Akiva Goldsman is the producer of “Without Remorse” with Jordan, Josh Appelbaum, and Andre Nemec also producing. “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” director Stefano Sollima is directing from a script by Taylor Sheridan.

Paramount is also planning to make a “Rainbow Six” movie with Jordan starring and producing. Clancy published “Rainbow Six” in 1998, following Clark as the head of a counter-terrorism unit that’s codenamed Rainbow. The Clark character appeared in 17 Clancy novels starting with 1988’s “The Cardinal of the Kremlin.”
Clark was portrayed by Willem Dafoe in Paramount’s 1994 movie “Clear and Present Danger,” in which Harrison Ford starred as Jack Ryan. Liev Schreiber played Clark in 2002’s “The Sum of All Fears,” which starred Ben Affleck as Ryan.
“Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse” is the second major release scheduled on Sept. 18, 2020. Universal had already set the launch of DreamWorks Animation’s “The Croods 2” for the slot.

https://variety.com/2019/film/...-release-1203128157/

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
It's a mistake to cast the same actor for both films. Rainbow Six takes place almost 30 years after Without Remorse. Are they just going tape wrinkles on his face and grey his hair a little? This is going to suck like The Sum of All Fears. Mad

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
He's the wrong choice for Clark in any case. Clark spent time working in the Soviet Union. this guy sure wouldn't blend in.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Please don't let them screw it up like they have with every other movie based off a Tom Clancy book.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
He's the wrong choice for Clark in any case. Clark spent time working in the Soviet Union. this guy sure wouldn't blend in.

This. I’m not optimistic.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
After what they did to The Sum of All Fears (which I still refuse to watch), I'm assuming they don't give a flying rat's ass about the source material. Probably figure nobody reads the books anyway.

What was an excellent story will undoubtedly become the Starship Troopers of the 21st Century.

Mad

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed they're changing his race. Willem Dafoe and Liev Schrieber both played the role of John Clark.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Another Bomb I'm thinkin.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
His race wont be all they change, it will probably just be something totally new just with the title to lure you in.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
Please don't let them screw it up like they have with every other movie based off a Tom Clancy book.

The Hunt for Red October actually wasn't half bad. And Alec Baldwin I thought made a credible Jack Ryan. But, yeah: The others departed wildly from the books, and, in some cases, for no good reason, IMO.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:

The Hunt for Red October actually wasn't half bad. And Alec Baldwin I thought made a credible Jack Ryan. But, yeah: The others departed wildly from the books, and, in some cases, for no good reason, IMO.

I just listened to the Hunt For Red October on audio book on a long trip and had forgotten how much the movie departed from the book. But the movie was close enough and very well done. Patriot games was a keeper too.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Damn. I was hoping Hollywood never got a crack at ruining my favorite Clancy book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn. I was hoping Hollywood never got a crack at ruining my favorite Clancy book.

Sigh what he said. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
What level of douchenozzle do you have to be to not realize that by changing the race of Clark you essentially nullify a metric butt ton of his missions where he was able to blend in overseas? Unless the Soviets had a more heavily pigmented cast of playahs that I never learned about, that is.

What good does it do to have him be black? Jiminy Cricket.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugh, this is one of my favorites. Why can't they get this stuff right? They even messed up American Assassin

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only positive thing I see here is Taylor Sheridan.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
His race wont be all they change, it will probably just be something totally new just with the title to lure you in.

$20 says that Without Remorse is set in Baltimore and has Clark killin' white dudes who are somehow the kingpins of crime.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Aww Hell Naw!! This is one of my most favorite Clancy books.

Greer will probably be white, Pam will be black and they won't even use Portagee as a nickname. Fuck this, not interested.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Screw Hollywood and their diversity crap.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I'm sure nobody will mind the next Black Panther being white...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post