SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Mission: Impossible Fallout
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mission: Impossible Fallout Login/Join 
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted
I don't know if this has been discussed if so I missed it. The latest in the series has just came out on disc and it's a hell of good action movie. A lot of action, and outstanding practical effects stunts.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The first two movies were so-so but the rest have been very enjoyable and I love the reoccurring characters. Glad to hear this one measures up too. Smile

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I thought it was great. I’m glad that Ving Rhames had a larger role.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:

...and outstanding practical effects stunts.

I read that Tom Cruise (already a fixed wing pilot) learned to fly helicopters and did all his own flying.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:

...and outstanding practical effects stunts.

I read that Tom Cruise (already a fixed wing pilot) learned to fly helicopters and did all his own flying.

That is true, there is a cool YouTube video on it...I'll try to post and find. Cruise might be a nutjob, but I respect his ability and willingness to take his job so seriously.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I actually saw it in the theater (we rarely go). It was solid....and a bit trippy to watch Tom Cruise the actor and excellent helo pilot "act" like he didn't know how to fly! Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Knowing something about Helos, the G's they were pulling in those birds were scary. Hueys and Jet Rangers would have never taken those loads.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised he was tall enough for the ride... Razz

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
2 points to HRK...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
I thought that it was pretty good. Had a few minor twists and kept us entertained. Definitely worth the rental.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems like they have a good formula going for the franchise.

I love Ving Rhames' character and Simon Pegg's role as well.

Posts: 4576 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post