SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Well, we kinda face to the north...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, we kinda face to the north... Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
... then real sudden like, turn to the left.

The Last of the Mohicans, Director's Cut.

On HBO GO.

Mr. Lewis' finest performance, by far.

And an awesome score doesn't hurt.

I also observe that the taste of SIGforumites is, well..., perfect.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are not strangers, and they stay as they lay.

Posts: 374 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
"A warrior goes to you swift and straight as an arrow shot into the sun. Bid them patience and ask death for speed; for they are all there but one - I, Chingachgook - Last of the Mohicans."

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Someday, I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement.

And OP's quote is my favorite.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I always thought he said "subtle-like," not sudden.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I always thought he said "subtle-like," not sudden.

It is. Wink

(Watched this movie about 200 times.)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent movie. DDL was good and the supporting cast did a great job. The period weapons and tactics were excellent, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the entire film but the last 10-15 minutes of the movie is on a different level. The Score, the action, the dialogue, absolutely incredible.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
I love the entire film but the last 10-15 minutes of the movie is on a different level. The Score, the action, the dialogue, absolutely incredible.

If you pay attention you'll note DDL's rifles at the end, where the other two warriors capitulate, have already been shot and are not loaded.

He played poker and won. Wink

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
The movie was shot in western NC, and I live very near to several of the filming sites. One in particular, the fort.
The production company covered a road and boat access to the lake for several months in order to shoot the fort scenes, and a bunch of locals were extremely upset with having to go miles out of the way to get to town.
They also had a boat on the water to keep any interested boaters away, which caused a lot of hard feelings as the fort looks over a prime smallmouth fishery.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

If you pay attention you'll note DDL's rifles at the end, where the other two warriors capitulate, have already been shot and are not loaded.

He played poker and won. Wink

I forget about that until I watch that scene. Thank you for reminding me of that. Smile

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Good book, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
How is the Director's Cut?

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sorry, video got blocked by utube.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
^^^ Video no workee

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The music soundtrack at the ending as they were chasing thru the mountain was excellent too!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
The music soundtrack at the ending as they were chasing thru the mountain was excellent too!

On guitar, two of my favorite versions, I could listen to it all day:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Awesome high school version!

https://youtu.be/HHskPsdlIQM

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post