SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick 3 ... Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick 3 ... Spoiler thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My daughter got a text from the Continental Hotel. It said she has reservations for May 23 2021, the release date for John Wick 4. Already making plans.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
By the way, nothing about that marker Winston have him at the end of 2.

It wasn't the Halle Barry marker.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The marker he got at the end of 2 was his completed marker with dantonio.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:

Why would he want that? Dantonio is dead, it was recorded in the book as completed. Winston said he might need it later, but a completed marker from a dead guy is no use

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

Why would he want that? Dantonio is dead, it was recorded in the book as completed. Winston said he might need it later, but a completed marker from a dead guy is no use

You give a marker when you are owed a debt from another assassin, when the debt is repaid, the person who is owed the debt makes their mark on the left with their thumb and gives it back to the person who gave it originally. It is a means of clearing the books, kind of like getting a title after you have paid off your car loan.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 280nosler:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

You give a marker when you are owed a debt from another assassin, when the debt is repaid, the person who is owed the debt makes their mark on the left with their thumb and gives it back to the person who gave it originally. It is a means of clearing the books, kind of like getting a title after you have paid off your car loan.

Correct, getting your marker back is your proof that you are free from the obligation.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought he would use the marker to prove that dantonio forced him to kill his sister who was a high table member.

Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I thought going after them with even shotguns was dumb, as they had 308's on the walls. and I don't really care what sort of armor you're wearing a 308 at that range wouldn't much care.

but like the first 3, I'll be at the opening screening for number 4.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw the movie today, after watching 1 and 2 this past week to refresh my memory.

I liked 3 better than 2, but 1 is still the best to me.

I kept waiting for the Adjudicator to get killed.

Some complain about Wick and Sophia grabbing spare mags that "just happen" to all be for the Glocks they were shooting. Why? It's entirely plausible, even likely, that every member of the security team is going to be armed with the same weapon. Wouldn't that be the case if they were issued guns? And what about the arguments about having every team member using the same guns so mags can be interchanged if needed? In this case, it was their opponents, and not their allies, taking advantage of that.

They definitely upped the game in the action/combat arena. My favorites were the Casablanca fight scene and the fight in the weapon museum with the knives and hatchets.

I really didn't like the fight in the "Administrative Lounge." It just seemed to drag on, and I was starting to get bored with it. I especially hated all the glass breaking parts. I kept thinking to myself, "Seriously? Throw in a fruit cart, why don't you?"

Then again, I also didn't like the stair fall/fight in JW2 for the same reason, especially falling down those stairs. It just reminded me of that scene from I'm Gonna Git You Sucka...

"You boys can either leave through the window, or take the stairs..."

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MbRVVP6rPg

Also, in the NYC Continental gunfight, Wick starts off with a pistol then transitions to the rifle (PCC...?). Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Anyways...I liked it. I don't know if I'd go watch it again in the theater, but I'll probably buy it when it comes out on video.

Also interested in JW4.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Who was complaining? It's great that they showed that. Just like most army or police forces share the same weapons and mags. I keep a mag bag in my patrol car with me with mags that fit our handguns and rifles so in case of an event, I can toss mags to people.

In the old days, they just had a box of ammo in the glove box. When I took over, I bought spare mags and tossed loaded mags in the glove box for those that don't want to carry on them.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple posters in the other JW thread.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I liked the call out to Tuco from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as he shuffled parts on the single action revolver when he picked out the 44-40 cartridge on one of the upper levels of the lamp and blade bizarre.

Also, it seemed like he was reloading his STI 2011 far too frequently in the repel the up-armored boarders at Winston's Continental. It felt like they went to the opposite end extreme that in most movies, guns never run out of ammunition to running out far too quickly (with 2011 double stack 9mm major magazines).

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised about the number of pistol braces seen in the movie. One of the wall hangers in Winston’s vault was a number of CZ Scorpions with SB Tactical braces. Also noted the the Benelli M4 that Charon used was a civilian model with the ribbed dummy mag extension that limits the mag to 5 rounds. No full auto short barrel MPX for JW either, just a normal 16” semi MPX carbine with some aftermarket.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
What’s the mag capacity of the 2011? 21? Or 17?

Kinda weird they had all the braced stuff.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I liked the name of the sushi restaurant, 半家 (HAGE), which is a place in Japan, but is also a derogatory pun for "bald".

As far as all the braced pistols and sub-guns, well the movie is Parabellum after all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
What’s the mag capacity of the 2011? 21? Or 17?

Kinda weird they had all the braced stuff.

The TT branded STI has 22 round mags.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
And the Halle Berry nude scene...

... OMG!!!!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My guess, considering the weapons they chose made no sense for the scenario and that they are civilian variants, is that they were paid product placement.

posted Hide Post
quote:
My guess, considering the weapons they chose made no sense for the scenario and that they are civilian variants, is that they were paid product placement.

Probably for Taran Tactical, at least.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
The movie is excellent!
Never expected a third movie of any saga to be this good and I'm not sure if its not better than JW2.

Kept wondering about the fuzz around the 9mm round and then all the target rich environment being impervious to it. Had almost forgotten about the bulletproof clothing introduced in JW2, but then it should gave been taken into account while issuing the ammo.

Racking the shotgun is now optional?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post