SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    John Wick 3 ... Spoiler thread
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Wick 3 ... Spoiler thread Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
OK, I don't want to ruin anything in the other thread.

I enjoyed the movie, but honestly did not really care for the whole "Elder, the one above the High Table" stuff. That was a bit silly to me.

Didn't see Winston turning on him like that. I thought the Adjudicator was going to be toast.

Bring on Wick 4!!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
I wanna know how the Adjudicator's assault team was so heavily armored that Charon's guards couldn't affect them in any way when shooting them, but Wick was able to repeatedly knock them down with his own pistol shots.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I wanna know how the Adjudicator's assault team was so heavily armored that Charon's guards couldn't affect them in any way when shooting them, but Wick was able to repeatedly knock them down with his own pistol shots.

Maybe they weren't using the magical 9mm Major round that Wick had?

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
quote:

Maybe they weren't using the magical 9mm Major round that Wick had?

Glad I wasn't the only one that rolled their eyes at the 9mm major part.

Also silly that he would grab a Sig MPX when dealing with armored assailants.

But sponsors gotta sponsor.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
John Wick or not, nobody would survive falling off that roof and smacking the railing on the way down. Damn that had to hurt!

It was a little silly but I actually liked it when he is fighting the two dudes at the end, and they both stop to let him up. Its an honor to fight you, give him a break hes been retired... etc. Kinda lame but I still found it amusing

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Seemed to me that he started shooting them in the back of the neck below the helmet or in the face through open face shields

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Here's mine: In the scene where John and Sofia were making their break for it they ran into a larger open space with multiple levels. She was shooting with a red dot, then not, and then with in about a 4 minute span.

I will have to wait until it comes out on disc to confirm as the theater wouldn't back it up like I would at home...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:

Seemed to me that he started shooting them in the back of the neck below the helmet or in the face through open face shields

Knock them down, not kill them. He'd shoot someone in the head, they'd fall backward to the ground as if stunned, lay there for a few seconds, then slowly start to get back up. This would allow Wick enough time to get close to someone else he'd knocked down in order to deliver the killing shot(s).

Meanwhile, Charon's guards were unloading entire mags into the Adjudicator's team and they would just stand there, practically laughing.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Wick or not, nobody would survive falling off that roof and smacking the railing on the way down. Damn that had to hurt!

It was a little silly but I actually liked it when he is fighting the two dudes at the end, and they both stop to let him up. Its an honor to fight you, give him a break hes been retired... etc. Kinda lame but I still found it amusing

I actually let out a "groan" during the movie when he went off the roof and hit the railing, that part looked so real, you could almost feel it. But I think Winston wasn't actually trying to kill him or he would have shot JW in the head...game over. For his assistant to say "well played" means it was staged in my mind.

And he returns the favor of the two ninja-type assassins by not killing both of them when he had the change..."see you later"

Have a funny felling we may be seeing those two again in JW #4 "THE RETURN OF JOHN WICK - PISSED OFF"...............I can't wait!!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Yeah... Did Winston really betray him or was it an act?

posted Hide Post
quote:

Those guys were from the Raid films which were a big influence on the Wick franchise.

I took it as a great tip of the hat between the Raid people and Wick people.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I think it was staged. At first, I thought John was on the other side of the ledge and they just threw a body down.

Winston knew John's suit was armored, so I think it was staged. We'll see I guess.

I'm pretty sure in the big fight she was probably just picking up guns as she went along.

I liked how they were stripping mags off the people they killed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
So he chopped off a finger for nothing really, because he is back on the shit list with the High Table.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
More like the High Table is on his shit list.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
More like the High Table is on his shit list.

Haha, yep. I enjoyed it. Almost a little like the Fast and the furious movies in that they keep pushing the boundaries of over the top but it was fun, especially the scenes with the dogs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So he chopped off a finger for nothing really, because he is back on the shit list with the High Table.

It was that or die in the desert.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Of course, being John Wick, he could have probably killed everyone there with that mallet and chisel.

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
quote:

It was that or die in the desert.

Or not go there in the first place....

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course, being John Wick, he could have probably killed everyone there with that mallet and chisel.

Maybe that's part 4.

Picture of dgrdvm
posted Hide Post
I loved the homage to the first Matrix move :
Winston-“ What do you need?”

Wick- “ Guns. Lots of guns”

Made me smile.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that'
George Carlin

Posts: 504 | Location: St Louis | Registered: June 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post