SIGforum
Escape from Dannemora

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5320069154

January 10, 2019, 08:37 AM
RogB
Escape from Dannemora
This was a 2017 documentary on Showtime, available on demand. This is about the two inmates who escaped from an upstate NY prison with the help of a female prison employee.

It's one of the most realistic and riveting documentary I've seen in a long time. 7 episodes. Worth seeing!

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
January 10, 2019, 11:45 AM
pulicords
Ben Stiller certainly proved he has some great abilities as a producer/director as well has comedic chops! I really enjoyed the series and admired how the two murderers were portrayed in the episodes leading up to their escape. The viewers knew they were "bad", but it was easier to identify with their "humanity" until the episode which showed why they were sentenced to Life terms in the first place.

The woman who assisted the two felons in their escape also seemed to be portrayed honestly and (for better or worse) viewers got to know her much better during a flashback episode which was provided about the time the two convicts made it outside the prison walls.

The series was really well done on all levels, both to document the incident and as a serious drama that certainly provided entertainment and lots of topics for serious discussion.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
January 20, 2019, 08:45 PM
AUTiger89
I agree with all that was stated above. Really well done.

Phone's ringing, Dude.
January 20, 2019, 10:43 PM
jhe888
It is well worth watching.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.