SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best Battle Scene to show Confusion, Chaos, and Intensity of a Battle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Battle Scene to show Confusion, Chaos, and Intensity of a Battle Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
My vote is the Game of Thrones where the two bastards meet. (Season 6 , episode 8 or 9?)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It's what I was thinking when I opened this thread. But the tank battle in Fury between the Tiger and 4 Shermans is up there, too.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Omaha Beach scene from Saving Private Ryan.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ha, i was going to say the same as the OP just off the title. If youre looking at modern times I would say we were soldiers.

Kingdom of heaven opening scene is pretty good too for brutality.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The final battle scene from The Last Samurai, or in a similar vein, the Kurosawa epic, Ran.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:

This!!

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 368 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:
quote:

This!!

Yep.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I would say We Were Soldiers when the enemy get inside the perimeter.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
We Were Soldiers and Saving Private Ryan are excellent recommendations.

I would also toss into the hat Apocalypse Now, when the Cav hit those villages.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Platoon when they hit the village.

Full Metal Jacket in Hue.

Opening scene of Saving Private Ryan.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
It's what I was thinking when I opened this thread. But the tank battle in Fury between the Tiger and 4 Shermans is up there, too.

Tangential Trivia: that scene used the only remaining working Tiger tank in the world, Tiger 131.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_131

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I didn't see all of Fury and missed the Tiger scene. it amazing with that with all the tigers out there only one is operating.
There was a company that was going to create full scale replicas to buy. If I only had the money!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3862 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
I didn't see all of Fury and missed the Tiger scene. it amazing with that with all the tigers out there only one is operating.
There was a company that was going to create full scale replicas to buy. If I only had the money!

I think someone built a replica for that movie "White Tiger", but it wasn't used. But the Tiger scene in Fury is the only one where a real Tiger tank was used to shoot a movie. Most others are old T-34's dolled up to look like Tigers.

As for confusion in a battle scene, the time in Apocalypse Now when they arrive at the bridge. Captain Willard (Sheen) goes around asking "Do you know who's in charge here?" Guy flaming away on MG turns and says "Ain't you?"

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I though Tears of the Sun had some pretty well done hectic battle scenes.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Hamburger Hill, trying to take the hill.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Just a couple of weeks ago I re-watched The Battle of the Bastards, and thought about starting a thread about it. The shots of John Snow in the midst of battle are IMO likely the best ever. They really show how big a factor luck seems to be in battle.

Even if you have no interest in watching GoT, watch that battle.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
We Were Soldiers and Saving Private Ryan are excellent recommendations.

I would also toss into the hat Apocalypse Now, when the Cav hit those villages.

I thought of these same ones. Especially We Were Soldiers mainly because it actually dealt with a cut off element and mis-dropped air support/fratricide. And I almost forgot, they showed moments on both sides when the commanders were 'sensing' the shifts in the battle and issuing orders accordingly.

Posts: 7251 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Pacific has several but early on, the Guadalcanal night battle scene is pretty intense.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The first fight/battle scene in the The Revenant with the frontiersman and the indians.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post