SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Chuck Berry passes: age 90.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chuck Berry passes: age 90. Login/Join 
posted
Legend.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Roll over, Beethoven!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
It's just my opinion, but that man invented rock n roll.

Posts: 456 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

His was probably one of the first 45rpm records I owned. I forget which song, after so long. RIP Chuck.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Riding along in my automobile :sad:

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Not what I wanted to read after a very long, and very bad day. RIP Chuck. You were the fucking man! Sleeping in your own car gigging, is legendary, and your work was legendary. Thank you for your music!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
quote:

well, Johnnie Johnson helped.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:

Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Roy Orbison

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bo Diddley too. Had the privilege of seeing both he and Chuck Berry. The energy and driving guitar were incredible. Here is a sample from 1968:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0X6k3dzlYk

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
HA! I looked up "gunny sack" on Wikipedia. Someone had slipped this tribute in:

"Reusable gunny sacks, typically holding about 45 kg, were traditionally, and to some extent still are, used for transporting grains, potatoes, guitars and other agricultural products." Gunny Sack

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These guys, Chuck and Bo, were the musical heroes of my youth. Never did learn to play a guitar "like ringing a bell" or any other way. One of my few disappointments in life .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post