SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    GRAND PRIX Driver on Amazon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GRAND PRIX Driver on Amazon Login/Join 
posted
The show follows the 2017 McLaren F1 season, the inter- workings of the Woking Plant, the replacement of Ron Dennis and the mating of the Honda engine.

The show covers the build out of the 2017 Honda McLaren from soup to nuts. There are four episodes released to Amazon Prime members as of today, February 9, 2018.

Episode 1 covers the replacement of Ron Dennis with Zac Brown, plans, McLarens history, development, sponsorship, and the building.

Episode 2 is the build out of the car, introduction to Stoffel Vandoorne, both drivers fitness leading up to the season, and the paradox with is the Honda engine.

Episode 3 covers Fernando Alonso, completion of the car, fitting the floor plate, Car launch, and teardown.

Episode 4 covered testing Barcelona and the beginning of the end with Honda. 9:09 AM is the first lap, and the car come back in. 4:05 car goes out, and comes back in 4:09.

So it is very interesting to see the behind the scenes view of the car build. Obviously it was edited to show McLaren in a positive light, but it clearly shows Honda is poor light. It is my understanding that Honda required all images of their engine blurred, and except of one 2-second shot of the front of the car, every image of the engine was blurred.

I have to say I used to be an anti-fan of Fernando, however the last few years have show me a different side, just how good of a drive he really is. He exudes confidence, and a part in episode 3 shows him dropping his drawers to get changed in front of several other people. The camera pans to Stoffel, and he shakes his head.

McLaren understand they are in the entertainment business, and that sponsorship is lifeblood.

IF you don't know, or understand what it takes to work at a F1 team, you will appreciate it after watching this series. They showed working through the night five times, and that was the start of it.

One quote got me in the entire series - ''It takes years to build a F1 team, but it cane be torn apart in 6 months''

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post