SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Osborne's interview of Peter O'toole on TCM...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Osborne's interview of Peter O'toole on TCM... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
It's 12:55 AM and I am watching a wonderful dialog between two great men of film...it's like two old friends talking, you don't see this today...

Peter O'toole's description of he and Omar Sharif riding the camels in Lawrence of Arabia is priceless Smile

Becket

The Lion In Winter

My Favorite Year

What a great actor was Peter O'toole...

There will never be another host for TCM better than Robert Osborne...as he said to O'toole "we are the lucky ones" Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
I saw part of that interview this weekend. Wish I could have seen it all. The story of how he broke his thumb and Sharif ending up under the camel was great. 100 camels and 500 horses running flat out had to be terrifying. I also love how he described camel running a full speed - as if it now thought it was some graceful beast.

I'm going to look for to see the rest of it.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I had seen or recorded that. Struggling through a YouTube version that has subtitles and such.
O'Toole was magnificent. Stupendous. Extraordinary.

"All right, I'm extraordinary. What of it?"

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post