New
Find
Notify
Tools

Justice League Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted
I see that trailer was pushed out this weekend. I may have to check this out!

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, this looks terrible.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Batman vs Superman wasn't good, Suicide Squad sucked. Hopefully DC can get the movies back on track. The Marvel series has been one good movie after the next, a couple of weaker ones but overall a good run.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:

I'm just burned out on comic book films. The last Captain America pushed me over the limit. Must have been ten Superhos in that one.

It'll get much worse before it gets better.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I'm just burned out on comic book films. The last Captain America pushed me over the limit. Must have been ten Superhos in that one.

I guess for me it's just the sheer amount of "Me too!" that DC seems to be pushing. Nolan's Batman trilogy was amazing and there's no escaping that. This just looks too slick, and too ham-fisted. I hope Wonder Woman is a good movie, but this Justice League thing looks terrible.

DC would have been better off using Batfleck as Bruce Wayne from a Batman Beyond Netflix type series. I just don't see them catching Marvel before the super hero craze is (hopefully) gone.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just don't see them catching Marvel before the super hero craze is (hopefully) gone.

Is it still considered a "craze" if it's pushing 17+ years? Wink

The first X-Men film, whose success was arguably the impetus for the increase in superhero movies in recent years, came out in 2000.

Even if we start the timeline with 2005's Batman Begins, probably the first of the excellent superhero films in this latest round, that's still 12 years.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
How many decades did the Western craze span?

I see what you mean though. Smile

Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Suicide Squad wasn't good. I can agree on that.

Batman v Superman though... Opinions seem to be split on that. I feel like Batfleck was by far the best Batman yet and the movie itself was amazing. I know a lot of people that share the same opinion. I also know a lot of people that just hated it. It's a shame to me to see a movie that I thought was so great be so split on reviews. I hope Justice League takes everything that made BvS great and expands on it.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Ehh... I like em all. I'll probably like this one too.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
The color grading is so distracting in DC comics movies...

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Suicide Squad wasn't good. I can agree on that.

Batman v Superman though... Opinions seem to be split on that. I feel like Batfleck was by far the best Batman yet and the movie itself was amazing. I know a lot of people that share the same opinion. I also know a lot of people that just hated it. It's a shame to me to see a movie that I thought was so great be so split on reviews. I hope Justice League takes everything that made BvS great and expands on it.

Agreed, Also, DC is supposed to be dark.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

I guess for me it's just the sheer amount of "Me too!" that DC seems to be pushing. Nolan's Batman trilogy was amazing and there's no escaping that. This just looks too slick, and too ham-fisted. I hope Wonder Woman is a good movie, but this Justice League thing looks terrible.

DC would have been better off using Batfleck as Bruce Wayne from a Batman Beyond Netflix type series. I just don't see them catching Marvel before the super hero craze is (hopefully) gone.

I'll see WW just for Gal in her outfit. But I'm delegating the rest of this genre to Blu-Ray. That last Captain America film was ridiculous. It was like their version of the Justice League, really an Avengers film, and just too much bs.
The film critic in me supersedes comic and sci-fi stuff. It needs to be a good film, first and foremost. Nolan's trilogy, the first Thor (because Branagh directed it) film, and Dr. Strange, are the films out of the genre that I've seen, and walk away highly impressed. The rest have been popcorn films and better to me watched on disc at home.

I still haven't walked out of a theater blown away, since the first Matrix film, and that was almost 20 years ago now. All these superho films are so damn predictable. It's the same formula, rewritten over and over again. Isn't the new Spider-man reboot the third time they've tried to relaunch that deal? Or the 4th?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Jason Momoa is a shitty actor. And his portrayal of Aquaman seems to be more "fratboy" than "ruler of the seas". Of course, Aquaman was portrayed rather weakly in the cartoon series, too.

I'm intrigued by whatever Batmachine Bruce has in the trailer. And I'm interested in seeing Wonder Woman again. I couldn't really give a shit about Cyborg or the Flash, though. I haven't seen the Flash television series, so that's probably why.

I think it's a mistake for DC to put out Wonder Woman and Justice League in the same year. I have high hopes for Wonder Woman but can see any praise for that movie quickly getting wiped out by Justice League if it sucks. If it does, I hope DC catches a clue and stops producing movies for a while.

As for the comments regarding the glut of comic book movies, I feel that it's all coming to a head with the two-part Infinity War movies. Sure, there are more Marvel movies slated for the years following, but everything to date has been leading up to these two upcoming movies. After 2019, I think people can finally catch a breath and not feel compelled to watch any.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amber Heard is in this as Mera, Aquaman's warrior wife?

Pretty face but, anything athletic they'll have to CGI her movements. Getting a bit put-off by having female superhero's ...not look like the physical superhero's they're supposed to be portraying. Gadot got lean and did a bit of bulking up for WW, but, the rest of the female actresses just don't have it. Take any Olympic-level athlete or, even a serious CrossFit disciple, they would be the physical embodiment of a female superhero. All the male actors hit the gym hard, creatine and HGH themselves-up, hire a nutritionist to make their meals and roll out a 8-pack within 3-months, the gals....develop some shoulder muscles, get some arm definition and tighten up that butt.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
IF they are gonna kill some bad guys, beat up some thugs and blow shit up, I'm in....

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Jason Momoa is a shitty actor. And his portrayal of Aquaman seems to be more "fratboy" than "ruler of the seas". Of course, Aquaman was portrayed rather weakly in the cartoon series, too.

The whole "Super Friends" bit is why Aquaman has such low approval ratings. That show was made in the early 70s for children, and NOBODY was ever allowed to punch anybody. So, Superman could shove the moon out of its orbit and punch asteroids, Batman/Robin could go sleuthing and catch bad guys with batarangs, Wonder Woman could lassoe people with her magic lassoe, and all Aquaman could do is swim and talk to fish. In the Justice League Unlimited and the new DC animated movies, Aquaman is VERY badass. He's a bruiser (with a retractable metal harpoon in JLU) and punches the living crap out of most everybody. He is an awesome character.

Give him a chance in the live action movie - this isn't 1974 anymore. . .

I also loved Momoa's portrayal of Ronin Dex in the tv series Stargate: Atlantis. He was awesome. I didn't see him in any of his movies, though.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21845 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to it. Compared to the Tim Burton series of Batman and assorted tv shows through the 70's and 80's, this will still be the best representation outside of the actual comics. Marvel is doing much better on so many levels but I also enjoy the slightly darker tone in the DC movies. It's a nice change.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I liked Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad a lot. And I liked Jason Momoa in Conan and Bullet to the Head. So I'm sure I will like this one too, no matter what the critics say.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I loved Affleck as Batman. I'll go see Justice League.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Stan Lee gotta make a lot of moolah before passing on. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post