SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Solo: A Star Wars Story
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Solo: A Star Wars Story Login/Join 
posted
In case anybody missed it

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty good to me.

I love how the Millennium Falcon is like a shiny new car right off the lot, not the dingy, beat-up thing we see 10 years later!

Posts: 33759 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm excited about this and the fact that we don't have to wait until Christmas.

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I'm hesitant. With all the script rewrites, reshoots, replacement crew, and re-editing, this is shaping up to be a potential train wreck. But they could still pull it off.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm hesitant. With all the script rewrites, reshoots, fired/hired crew, and re-editing, this is shaping up to be a potential train wreck.

Rogue One had a post-production overhaul, and it turned out pretty damn good. However, Disney is 1-1-1 (one good, one bad, and one meh) in their SW movies...we'll see.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I don't care how bad it might turn out, just take my damn money!

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Solo has always been my favorite character. I’ll be there.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it all looks great except for the actor playing Solo. Of course I'll be there opening night, hoping for the best though.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
I'm hesitant. With all the script rewrites, reshoots, fired/hired crew, and re-editing, this is shaping up to be a potential train wreck.

Rogue One had a post-production overhaul, and it turned out pretty damn good. However, Disney is 1-1-1 (one good, one bad, and one meh) in their SW movies...we'll see.

I thought Rogue One was the best Disney Star Wars movie yet.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Any ideas of why they are releasing this summer? I kind of think they aren't wanting the bad press they've gotten recently to snowball all the way to December.

Posts: 11157 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

I thought Rogue One was the best Disney Star Wars movie yet.

It's number 2b in my rankings, behind 1. ESB and 2a. ANH Cool

Interesting bit...the actor portraying Solo, Alden Ehrenreich stand 5'8" original Han, Harrison Ford is 6'1"

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Any ideas of why they are releasing this summer?

Ummm...where have you been living the past 30 years? The summer blockbuster season and all that? Hello?

Posts: 33759 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I worry about this one, a lot. I love Star Wars, but Last Jedi sucked, and I fear they will make Han the loveable rogue instead of what he was. Its not very PC to be a drug smuggler and criminal. I'm also afraid they will try and make it funny like Last Jedi

And I do not want to fucking see 3PO or R2D2 in this one.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Ummm...where have you been living the past 30 years? The summer blockbuster season and all that? Hello?

Umm so far they have been Christmas releases right? All the Disney releases at least. Am I wrong DUDE?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

He's probably asking because the previous three movies have released in December.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have a bad feeling about this.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I don’t know about this one. Perhaps I’m still jaded from my experience with that piece of crap I watched at Christmas.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

And I do not want to ******* see 3PO or R2D2 in this one.

Amen, brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG just let them DIE already (except for R2; I like him).

Looks interesting. I am concerned about any 'revisionist history' they might do (Han was NOT a 'nice guy' before he met Luke and Obi Wan. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21839 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I'm hung on this one as well. After episode 8 I said I wouldn't pay good money wait in long lines and be fleeced by disney again.

But this is solo, if the stick to the original character, a scoundrel, a bad guy, out for himself first, then I could be persuaded to go see it in the movies. Only after reviews come in depicting how the solo character is played.

If solo shoots first, I'll go. If he doesn't, I'll maybe watch the dvd.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I have a bad feeling about this.

Big Grin