https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5290043734

February 06, 2018, 12:58 PM
corsair
Solo: A Star Wars Story
In case anybody missed it

February 06, 2018, 01:14 PM
PASig
Looks pretty good to me.

I love how the Millennium Falcon is like a shiny new car right off the lot, not the dingy, beat-up thing we see 10 years later!

February 06, 2018, 01:21 PM
choang3
I'm excited about this and the fact that we don't have to wait until Christmas.
February 06, 2018, 01:31 PM
RogueJSK
I'm hesitant. With all the script rewrites, reshoots, replacement crew, and re-editing, this is shaping up to be a potential train wreck. But they could still pull it off.
February 06, 2018, 01:35 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I'm hesitant. With all the script rewrites, reshoots, fired/hired crew, and re-editing, this is shaping up to be a potential train wreck.

Rogue One had a post-production overhaul, and it turned out pretty damn good. However, Disney is 1-1-1 (one good, one bad, and one meh) in their SW movies...we'll see.
February 06, 2018, 01:36 PM
kx90
I don't care how bad it might turn out, just take my damn money!
February 06, 2018, 02:30 PM
dry-fly
Solo has always been my favorite character. I’ll be there.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...
February 06, 2018, 02:36 PM
matai
I think it all looks great except for the actor playing Solo. Of course I'll be there opening night, hoping for the best though.
February 06, 2018, 02:36 PM
matai
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
I'm hesitant. With all the script rewrites, reshoots, fired/hired crew, and re-editing, this is shaping up to be a potential train wreck.

Rogue One had a post-production overhaul, and it turned out pretty damn good. However, Disney is 1-1-1 (one good, one bad, and one meh) in their SW movies...we'll see.

I thought Rogue One was the best Disney Star Wars movie yet.
February 06, 2018, 02:42 PM
Skull Leader
Any ideas of why they are releasing this summer? I kind of think they aren't wanting the bad press they've gotten recently to snowball all the way to December.
February 06, 2018, 03:06 PM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by matai:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

I thought Rogue One was the best Disney Star Wars movie yet.

It's number 2b in my rankings, behind 1. ESB and 2a. ANH Cool

Interesting bit...the actor portraying Solo, Alden Ehrenreich stand 5'8" original Han, Harrison Ford is 6'1"
February 06, 2018, 03:20 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Any ideas of why they are releasing this summer?

Ummm...where have you been living the past 30 years? The summer blockbuster season and all that? Hello?

February 08, 2018, 04:16 PM
Lord Vaalic
I worry about this one, a lot. I love Star Wars, but Last Jedi sucked, and I fear they will make Han the loveable rogue instead of what he was. Its not very PC to be a drug smuggler and criminal. I'm also afraid they will try and make it funny like Last Jedi

And I do not want to fucking see 3PO or R2D2 in this one.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day
February 08, 2018, 04:49 PM
Prefontaine
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Ummm...where have you been living the past 30 years? The summer blockbuster season and all that? Hello?

Umm so far they have been Christmas releases right? All the Disney releases at least. Am I wrong DUDE?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone
February 08, 2018, 05:04 PM
Orguss
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

He's probably asking because the previous three movies have released in December.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
February 08, 2018, 05:41 PM
P220 Smudge
I have a bad feeling about this.

February 08, 2018, 07:26 PM
HuskySig
I don’t know about this one. Perhaps I’m still jaded from my experience with that piece of crap I watched at Christmas.
February 08, 2018, 10:13 PM
Hound Dog
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

And I do not want to ******* see 3PO or R2D2 in this one.

Amen, brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG just let them DIE already (except for R2; I like him).

Looks interesting. I am concerned about any 'revisionist history' they might do (Han was NOT a 'nice guy' before he met Luke and Obi Wan. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher
February 09, 2018, 09:38 AM
Nickelsig229
I'm hung on this one as well. After episode 8 I said I wouldn't pay good money wait in long lines and be fleeced by disney again.

But this is solo, if the stick to the original character, a scoundrel, a bad guy, out for himself first, then I could be persuaded to go see it in the movies. Only after reviews come in depicting how the solo character is played.

If solo shoots first, I'll go. If he doesn't, I'll maybe watch the dvd.

First In Last Out
February 09, 2018, 10:52 AM
corsair
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I have a bad feeling about this.

Big Grin