SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Last of Us 2 release date: May 29th!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last of Us 2 release date: May 29th! Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
I can’t wait for this one. The story and gameplay in the first one was near perfect IMO.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Already saving up vacation.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm excited as well. I was hoping for difference characters as the end of the 1st was perfect but Naughty Dog has bought some trust. May not be everyones cup of tea but I'm currently playing days gone and its not bad to scratch that last of us itch. Apparently it was crazy buggy at release but its just fine now.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Days Gone was excellent and got a bad wrap.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Such a high bar, the original Last of Us.

Love(d) it.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have also saved a week of vacation for this.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Days Gone was excellent and got a bad wrap.

I have Days Gone and played it for a couple hours. Got distracted by other things and never started again. Now I’ve picked up Ghost Recon Breakpoint to play with my nephew and I’ve been having a good time with it.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
I am most definitely looking forward to this. Cool I bought the PS4 back in 2016, my first "console" since NES, specifically for The Last of Us and for the Uncharted series, along with Beyond:Two Souls.

I bought Uncharted Lost Legacy back in 2017 when that came out and that was the last game I bought until a couple days ago when I finally picked up Days Gone. Poor PS4 has sort of been collecting dust until now. Even tho I know Last of Us 2 won't be released until the end of may, I still keep checking Amazon on the off chance it might be "accidentally" released early lol Big Grin

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Sony now says it's being delayed "indefinitely"...

Link to GameRant

Last of Us 2 Delayed Indefinitely
In a shocking announcement, Sony confirms that the long-awaited survival-horror game The Last of Us 2 has been delayed indefinitely.

BY DALTON COOPER
APR 02, 2020

the last of us 2 delay
The coronavirus pandemic has had a massive impact on the entertainment industry, and video games have been no exception. This includes Sony's major upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusive game The Last of Us 2, which was originally scheduled to launch on May 29 after a number of delays. Now The Last of Us 2 has been delayed yet again due to the coronavirus pandemic, with Sony refraining from revealing a new release date.

The Last of Us 2 was originally set to launch this past February, but was delayed to its May 29 release date. The latest delay isn't due to development issues or the team needing more time to work on the game, however. As indicated by PlayStation, the decision is due to logistics, with the economic impact of the coronavirus convincing the company to push back the game's release date.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Yeah I just posted this in the other TLOU2 thread. This suck!

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I imagine ps5 will be delayed as well

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Yeah I just posted this in the other TLOU2 thread. This suck!

Oops! Didn't see the other thread. Thanks Leemur!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I saw this too. This was something I was really looking forward to playing in week 20 of the quarantine

Well...shit

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
New release date announced. June 19

https://blog.us.playstation.co...i-ghost-of-tsushima/

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
another game 'somewhat' similar is:

Days Gone

not as good as Last of Us but it scratches the itch

has been my COVID time waster

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
There was a large leak/spoilers. You might want to skip, or at least buy at a place you can get a refund, if you dislike diversity politics.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I read the leak stuff and if thats their plan color me wildly disappointed.

A good friend bought up a good point, they have a good track record and Neil Drukman said "trust us". If you spoiled the TLOU then the synopsis of that spoiler wouldnt sound like something you'd want to play out.

That being said I am tempted to redbox it. I said it when first announced, I'd have rather they left Joel and Ellie alone and made new characters in the same world who were unrelated and in a different place.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
You’d think a mass lockdown would be perfect time for a video game. Code at home!

I read the spoiler about the new character and Joel/Ellie. My response is SO?? A plot change I may not like isn’t enough for me to give up on it.

As far as the diversity stuff, are they making Ellie gay or something? If so, same response as above. That part wasn’t in the spoiler I read.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
?? She was already gay in the first game.
Why is this news to people? Did no one play Left Behind?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post