SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Jimmy Buffett Shows
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jimmy Buffett Shows Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted
Anyone else enjoy going to see Jimmy Buffett? It's been a while, but I'm going back to see him in a couple months.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Huge Buffett fan here......

His shows are great! The thing I like is that no one has more fun at a JB concert that JB!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I've seem him two or three times. It is always a fun show.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have gone to a ton of his shows all over the country and never had a bad time...In m younger and "drinking" days I would treat it like a national holiday and start priming the pumps early and hard!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Parrott Heads Forever!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
I've been to many shows - always fun, even the show that ended blacked out. As I've gotten old(er), I get more amused by the drinks who don't know any of his music beyond his greatest hits.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We saw him in Nashville on New Year's Eve. It was a good show although, like a lot of us, he is getting a little long in the tooth. Huey Lewis, the opening act, did a great job.

Posts: 985 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Saw him many years ago. One of the best concerts I ever attended. Warm up band was Zachary Richard. ZR was so good, that Buffet had ZR and his band come out and play a set of encores, then JB came back out and played his own encores.

JB and his band were really on that night, the sound was fantastic. I don't think anyone in the place sat down once during the entire show.

Simply fantastic show.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I've seen him once before. It was in Atlanta, the day the Columbia disintegrated on re-entry. That's all that was on the radio on the way to the show.
I had a great time that night. My daughter is a huge Buffett fan to this day and talks of that night a lot. (She was 10 at the time)

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I love his body of work and really enjoy his shows.

At one time, he sold out 4 or 5 nights in a row in Cincy. He has a huge following here.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
The Charleston show I'm going to sold out in 12 minutes, according to the TV station down there. I don't think that's correct, because I found tickets an hour later. They were sparse, but available.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Saw him many years ago. One of the best concerts I ever attended. Warm up band was Zachary Richard. ZR was so good, that Buffet had ZR and his band come out and play a set of encores, then JB came back out and played his own encores.

JB and his band were really on that night, the sound was fantastic. I don't think anyone in the place sat down once during the entire show.

Simply fantastic show.

Wow! Would have loved to see that.

I’ve only seen JB once, a long time ago (about the time of “Livin’ and Dyin’ in 3/4 Time).” Small club. He said we “deserved to hear ‘Why Don’t We Get Drunk’.”

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy flew out to my aircraft carrier, the USS America, on our way back from a med cruise after bombing Libya. He did a nice little acoustic concert for all of us. He let an old chief plug in his bass and play with him. I enjoyed it as much or more than most of the other concerts I have seen. We were told that the only thing he wanted in return was a ride in an F-14, which they allowed. Years later, in his second book, Jimmy wrote about doing that particular concert. It made it even cooler knowing that Jimmy thought that concert was special too.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been to his house in the Keys....

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Well, if my CUT doesn't give it away, count me among his fans.

The first "real" concert I ever went to was a Buffett concert, sometime around '83/'84, and at one one point I managed to see at least one concert a year for 13 straight years.

Knowing Buffett was a pilot I stopped by an airport once immediately after one of his local concerts and saw his jet on the ramp.

The last concert I caught was in Denver, maybe 15 years or so ago. My concert plan always involved buying the max allowed tickets for each of his shows I went to and bringing as many friends or family as I could muster up, but on this particular concert I ended up with two extra tickets, but found a couple online from Nebraska who agreed to buy them.

We met the couple before the concert and our group hit it off with them and we ended up partying the entire concert with them. Before the main show the Coral Reefers put on a pre-concert concert. As I have been known to do, I started the Conga line during this concert, which included one of the band's costumed stilt dancers. The husband that bought one of my left over tickets went up to the band and told them it was my birthday and they announced this to the crowd and one of Buffett's back up dancers danced with me for one song. (sure wish I could remember this more clearly Cool ). The local news apparently caught this pre-concert on TV and after the concert I later received an email from the husband and he told me that the back up dancer appeared on one of those reality TV dating shows.

I'm always somewhat amazed at the range of people you see at Buffett concerts, from the very young party crowd to the middle aged and settled crowd, and for the most part they all come together in this setting. You really can't have a bad time at a Buffett concert.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I note with a lot of performers, who right their own music, they seem to burn out after a few productive years. Seems to me that Buffett's writing continues to be creative even after all these years.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw him in Birmingham. he actually carried out equipment and set it up with the stage hands. The encore played almost as long as the main show. The audience was kids to oldsters, and everything in between, including the largest number of well behaved inebriated people in one place that I've ever seen.

Great show!!

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Saw him in the early 80s when he had a leg in a cast. Sat on a bar stool the whole night to play and sing. It was great.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to go to one of his concerts. Just looked at the Denver concert, but the remaining seats are just too much over my budget.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, some buddies and I were driving up to Wilsall (MT) and stopped into a bar in Livingston to have a few and grab some for the road. There was the three of us, the bartender, and some guy in the back playing guitar and singing Jimmy Buffett songs. Only the five of us in the bar for the whole afternoon. Had a great time drinking, singing, and shooting the bull. He was a hell of a nice guy as I recall.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post