SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best Movie Chase Ever Made
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Movie Chase Ever Made Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Gone in 60 Seconds (1974).

Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
Action is good, but all the folks sitting roadside watching the filming kinda takes away from it.

Disagree! To me, it shows how super indie low-budget and REAL that chase is! Just like how they left in H.B. Halicki really wiping out on the light post on the freeway!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Foot chase? Patrick Swayze vs Keanu in Kathryn Bigelow's Point Break (1991).

Agreed, but this one's a close second.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Death Proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0xthZjW-s

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
Ken Block isn't chasing someone or running from someone but he drives better than anyone I have ever seen.

Plus his mustang is crazy unique. AWD 800hp.

https://youtu.be/5qanlirrRWs

The white Bronco at 7:30, lol.

Posts: 1996 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Vanishing Point. 1971

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Seven Ups
Ronin
Bullitt
To Live and Die in LA

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:

The standard answer, along with The Seven Ups.

I've always considered the chase scene in the Seven Ups to be of the same caliber as Bullitt and the French Connection. I thought Roy Scheider did an excellent job as the chase cop.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
A little nostalgia, kind of a fun movie - Kristy Swanson ain't bad on the eyes either

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOEZHYPdRM

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
A little nostalgia, kind of a fun movie - Kristy Swanson ain't bad on the eyes either

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kOEZHYPdRM

And getting laid in the middle of a car chase has to earn you some extra points.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goldeneye -- can't beat a tank for a chase.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
To me, nothing can beat the 7+ minutes of the Bullitt chase, but I'll say this for the car/train chase in The French Connection- nobody, and I do mean nobody tops Popeye Doyle for fierce determination of getting his man.

BTW, did you notice the BG in TFC was using a Colt Gold Cup?

Yep, watched it last night and fell asleep during night moves. Hackman is great in both.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
The last chase scene in The Road Warrior.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the boat chase in Bond - Live and Let Die

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Another one for Bullitt, the Mustang wins!!

After that Smokey and the Bandit and Buford T. Justice had some humorous chases.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY13jS9X9Lk

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
The Bourne Supremacy was pretty good. When Bourne and the Russian are chasing in the tunnel and streets.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1369 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Duel, the whole entire movie is a car chase.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"He broke my watch!"

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The RC car chasing Dirty Harry in 'The Dead Pool' scene ranks among the greats listed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzUtXMNizVo

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More like a race than a chase but I love the footage in Gumball Rally with the AC Cobra racing the Ferrari Daytona . The scene at sunup, when they exit the tunnel of the Pan Am building and come up Park Avenue flat out past the Waldorf Astoria and later in California racing through the dry LA river . Cannonball Run was a weak second to Gumball Rally .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
The Bourne Supremacy was pretty good. When Bourne and the Russian are chasing in the tunnel and streets.

I agree, this chase scene was one of the best!

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post