SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best Movie Chase Ever Made
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Movie Chase Ever Made Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
For the foot chase, The Third Man. Shadows, echoes, dogs...

And submarine movies should be considered too. Ping... ping... ping... boom! Slow yet suspenseful.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Many of the Indiana Jones chase scenes were fun.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
If Ghostface chasing Carmen Electra in Scary Movie doesn't count, then...

ONG BAK

Posts: 203 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sincityboy
posted Hide Post
Police Story (Jackie Chan), with the cars crashing down through the shanty town. It was shamelessly copied in Bad Boys 2, but I can overlook it because of the amazing freeway chase in that movie(with the boat, etc.)

If we can name two, I'd throw in the post-robbery foot chase from Raising Arizona. The music, the editing, Barry Sonnenfeld camerwork. "Son, you got a panty on your head..."

Posts: 1046 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted March 17, 2017 07:50 AM Hide Post
French Connection car chase story

Thanks for posting that. That explains the back story very well.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Police Dispatcher: Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers HAS been approved.

Isn't that where they got them Picassos?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ronin and Vanishing Point (original).

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Most realistic foot chase involving old guys:

Justified: Episode "Blaze of Glory" where Art is chasing bad guy with an oxygen tank and they both end up on the ground rubbing their sore knees. Big Grin

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
The last chase sequence in the original Gone in sixty seconds.

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The French Connection, Bullitt, and Quantum of Solace are my top three.

In addition to all the others listed here, I would give an honorable mention to the dog chasing Benny in The Sandlot.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty much any of the chase scenes from Mad Max Fury Road. I much prefer it to The Road Warrior.

I also really liked the tank chase scene in Goldeneye.

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crash
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwk226:
I really liked the car chase scene in the first Jack Reacher movie. It seemed pretty realistic but I cringed at the damage to a pretty nice '70 Chevelle SS.

Watch it again and this time count gear shifts. That Chevelle must have had a magical 18 speed transmission. The sound guys went a little overboard...

"If the wind is not against you, it is not blowing."

Posts: 1281 | Location: Down East | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
category : chase scenes/Ford w/ girl
1971 Diamonds are forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN0uAmS3EoM

Category : chase scenes /Ford w/o girl
1968 Bullet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vNvc9n1ikI

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The end of Alien 3...It creeped me out thinking about that alien chasing me like that through those dark corridors.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crash:
quote:
Originally posted by jwk226:
I really liked the car chase scene in the first Jack Reacher movie. It seemed pretty realistic but I cringed at the damage to a pretty nice '70 Chevelle SS.

Watch it again and this time count gear shifts. That Chevelle must have had a magical 18 speed transmission. The sound guys went a little overboard...

You are right Crash!! Hahahaha....I had to rewatch the chase on utube. There is a lot of uneccessary shifting going on there.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
To me, nothing can beat the 7+ minutes of the Bullitt chase, but I'll say this for the car/train chase in The French Connection- nobody, and I do mean nobody tops Popeye Doyle for fierce determination of getting his man.

BTW, did you notice the BG in TFC was using a Colt Gold Cup?

Going in lock step with the boss on this one. Popeye would have chased that guy until the universe collapsed.
And no, I didn't notice the Gold Cup.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TO LIVE AND AND DIE IN LA

has 2 foot chases and one car chase all very well shot

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and what about the car chase foot chase in point break

and the chase across the timbers in the river from Insomnia

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
To me, nothing can beat the 7+ minutes of the Bullitt chase, but I'll say this for the car/train chase in The French Connection- nobody, and I do mean nobody tops Popeye Doyle for fierce determination of getting his man.

BTW, did you notice the BG in TFC was using a Colt Gold Cup?

Going in lock step with the boss on this one. Popeye would have chased that guy until the universe collapsed.
And no, I didn't notice the Gold Cup.

Popeye repeated it somewhat (without the car, it was a lot more of a steeplechase, on foot and going over obstacles) at the end of the French Connection 2 when he got "Frog One".

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post