SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Best Movie Chase Ever Made
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Movie Chase Ever Made Login/Join 
posted
My favorite is the French Connection, followed by Bullitt. One caveat here, cannot be computer generated because that is cheating. Other thoughts?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ronin had a good one.
Opening to Quantum of Solace

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Police Dispatcher: Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers HAS been approved.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
To live and Die in LA...

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Can't think of one yet. Dis qualifier should be a car losing more hubcaps than it started with.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There is a world elsewhere
Picture of Echtermetzger
posted Hide Post
another vote for Ronin. Haven't seen anything like it since then.

Bullit set a high bar, so did French Connection, but, Ronin was really well done with edits, camera angles, etc. Came out of that theater stoked.

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Blues Brothers!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Opening to Quantum of Solace is a favorite of mine. This one just sounds amazing... the Aston, the automatic gun fire, the Euro police sirens, and of course, the sound the Alfa makes as it spins off the quarry cliff.

Another Bond chase I like is the one in For Your Eyes Only where he rolls that old POS yellow Citroen and then does a beautiful J turn. A bit more tame than the one in QoS.

And then finally, the chase in Bad Boys II in the silver Ferrari Maranello with the cars and boats flying at them where Will Smith says "that one puckered up my butt hole."

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
To me, nothing can beat the 7+ minutes of the Bullitt chase, but I'll say this for the car/train chase in The French Connection- nobody, and I do mean nobody tops Popeye Doyle for fierce determination of getting his man.

BTW, did you notice the BG in TFC was using a Colt Gold Cup?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
The French Connection chase is awesome because they just shot it on the open streets of Brooklyn.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
Mad Max, opening chase.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dking271:
To live and Die in LA...

The standard answer, along with The Seven Ups.

Freebie and the Bean always gets honorable mention for being fun.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Crappy movie but the Dukes of Hazzard movie had a great chase through downtown Atlanta with some great drifting and probably the best car jump ever filmed.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Blues Brothers
Ronin
Bullitt

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like the "French Connection," but for fun, the "Blues Brothers."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Car chase? The last 40 minutes of Gone in 60 Seconds (1974). (Like Tracie Thoms says in Tarantino's Death Proof - "The real one, and not that Angelina Jolie bullsh*t!")

Foot chase? Patrick Swayze vs Keanu in Kathryn Bigelow's Point Break (1991).

Helicopter chase? Roy Scheider in a modded Aérospatiale Gazelle vs Malcolm McDowell's Hughes 500D in Blue Thunder (1983).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LastCubScout,

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jwk226
posted Hide Post
I really liked the car chase scene in the first Jack Reacher movie. It seemed pretty realistic but I cringed at the damage to a pretty nice '70 Chevelle SS.

Posts: 63 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: February 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Car chase? The last 40 minutes of Gone in 60 Seconds (1974). (Like Tracie Thoms says in Tarantino's Death Proof - "The real one, and not that Angelina Jolie bullsh*t!")

Foot chase? Patrick Swayze vs Keanu in Kathryn Bigelow's Point Break (1991).

Action is good, but all the folks sitting roadside watching the filming kinda takes away from it.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Ken Block isn't chasing someone or running from someone but he drives better than anyone I have ever seen.

Plus his mustang is crazy unique. AWD 800hp.

https://youtu.be/5qanlirrRWs

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
BULLITT was the real deal. Filmed from a flatbed truck at speeds up to 100 mph.

And who can forget this classic, complete with barrel roll.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post