SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Daft Punk retires
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daft Punk retires Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Oh, golly! After 28 years of seriously influential music, Daft Punk is splitting.

quote:
Daft Punk, one of the most influential and popular groups to emerge in the past 30 years, have announced their retirement via a video titled “Epilogue” posted Monday morning. The duo’s longtime publicist, Kathryn Frazier, officially confirmed the split to Variety and declined to provide further details.

Link 1

Link 2

Video

Humans vs Robots (Daft Punk Suite) -- not related to the retirement announcement, but still way good.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Love’em, but surprised has not happened before this. Even have their Christmas ornaments on the tree - kids are fans Wink. Seriously they were creative innovators in music over an incredible period of time - look past the robots an listen to their music over time.

Sad to see, but not surprised.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at least they are retiring in style, so they are "Doin' it Right".

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
One More Time!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Random Access Memories is widely regarded as their best work; however, I really love the Tron soundtrack. I wish they'd done full length versions of each track.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
seriously influential music

OK, I'll admit I am stuck in the seventies a lot but I never heard of these guys.
I believe you they must be important as the link #1 had 15M views.
Listened to some of the videos but also admit it isn't for me.
But congrats on a nice run - I guess? Eek

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Daft Punk's roots come from the 70s. Georgio Moroder and also Nile Rogers of Chic fame were huge influences, as were the Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, MC5, Stooges and Elton John.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post