SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    7 Seconds Netflix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 Seconds Netflix Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
I caught a few episodes of the newly released Netflix series 7 Seconds last night.

Although it's got me hooked and I like it, damn, every single character has deep rooted issues and the entire visual is very depressing. The urban winter landscape is dirty and gray and a place I'd hate to live.

Although not ground breaking, the story line is interesting (Bad cops on the take etc.) and most of the acting is superb, especially Regina King and Clare-Hope Ashitey.

Worth a look.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just decided to give this a shot.

Though I'm very hesitant. Please tell me there isn't going to be an all whites are bad political undertone with this show.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I watched it. BLM over/undertones abound. It was about what I expected, but watched it anyway. It was good enough, & we're smart enough around here to see through the BS.

I did particularly like the Fish character.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I watched the first two episodes and will have to admit that so far my wife and I like it. I got hooked in so will continue watching for now despite my initial reservations.

Like mentioned above, good acting and interesting characters.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
It moves a little slower toward the end, and the BS ratchets up as they fling more "black/white & the man."

I'll admit I wanted to beat DiAngelo myself.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post