SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Good morning, Sgt. Major!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good morning, Sgt. Major! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
How do you know what kinda Gotdamn day it is?!?

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Sir, Custer was a pussy. You ain't.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I figure if I need one of those there will be plenty laying on the ground.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's getting pretty sporty down here, sir...

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just re-watched that.

a little cliched in some places -- but overall very well done.

the book of course is better but i liked the movie too.

probably my favorite scene was when the pilot went back to the firebase and was confronted by the REMF about taking 'his' crews into the hot LZs. the pilot had been delivering the US forces into the meat grinder all day and pulled his pistol on the REMF and told him to get away or he'd kill him on the spot. he was that affected by what he had experienced...

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
both pilots (Crandall and Too Tall) got the DFC, later upgraded to the Medal of Honor for both by GW Bush.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Can't take no pictures laying down there sonny!

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of armme
posted Hide Post
I was at Benning when this was filmed. Bruce Crandall came and talked to the unit I was in regarding the scene Sig209 references.

Came across as a pretty good dude.

I was glad his DFC got upgraded.

Posts: 257 | Location: NC | Registered: August 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Any of you sons of bitches call me grandpa and I’ll kill you.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A telegram. The cab delivered a telegram!

“The Secretary of the Army regrets...”

This, and the next several minutes of the movie tears my guts out.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
Any of you sons of bitches call me grandpa and I’ll kill you.

When I was in the Navy, my oldest daughter got pregnant at too young of an age. My department head didn't know I wasn't happy about it.

During a meeting I was the junior enlisted (although the most senior E-6 on the ship at the time) in the room. Department Head says her congrats and as she's walking away but before she gets to the hatch, I say exactly that in my best impression of the Sergeant Major.

She stopped in her tracks and everyone else starts busting a gut but one E-7. He claimed I was being disrespectful and the Department Head's response, "oh lighten up Francis."

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post