SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Netflix snuck in season two of Jessica Jones
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Netflix snuck in season two of Jessica Jones Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Not my favorite of the Marvel series, but it did grow on me. Season two is now out.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
The only Marvel series on Netflix that I couldn’t make it through.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
If by snuck in you mean full page and banner ads all over the Internet, then yeah.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
What can I say.....I didn't see it coming. LOL

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:

I thought Jessica Jones was better than Luke Cage, and significantly better than Iron Fist. I'd even rank it above Defenders.

IMO, Jessica Jones sits at third best, behind Daredevil and Punisher.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed S1, and thought David Tennant was great. But, it was about 4-5 episodes too long IMO

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:

I thought Jessica Jones was better than Luke Cage, and significantly better than Iron Fist. I'd even rank it above Defenders.

IMO, Jessica Jones sits at third best, behind Daredevil and Punisher.

My brother and were talking about all the series yesterday and I said the same. The Iron Fist character is way to whiny among other things and the one series of the bunch I was disappointed with.

Posts: 2489 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
If by snuck in you mean full page and banner ads all over the Internet, then yeah.

Smile

Daredevil is the only one I've seen that I've liked from beginning to end. Jessica Jones started off strong but then slowed dramatically before becoming interesting in the last two or three episodes. Never bothered watching any of the other titles, including Punisher.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yup, watched all the Marvel series' and I rank JJ up there ~ actually I like then all pretty much the same although the Iron Fist started out hot but fizzled a bit in the end otherwise love them all.
Made it a point NOT to binge threw Jessica Jones S2 just to take the time to enjoy it.
Just started Episode 3.
Great as always.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I thought the wind down/ wrap up on Season 2 of JJ was a little meh. Was just kinda looking for more.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
So is there any chance that Malcom and Trish wind up becoming Cloak and Dagger? I know it's not quite the origin stories in the comics, but both were using that weird inhaler drug.....

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
So is there any chance that Malcom and Trish wind up becoming Cloak and Dagger?

Nope. Marvel is already filming a Cloak and Dagger TV show, starring Aubrey Joseph as Tyrone Johnson / Cloak and Olivia Holt as Tandy Bowen / Dagger.

It's apparently a cheesy teenie-bopper romance/action series, set for release this summer on the ABC Family/Freeform channel.

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Oh well.

I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Season 2 is much better than season 1. We are halfway through it.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Huh... I thought Season 1 was much better.

posted Hide Post
I liked both seasons. Season one was probably a bit better than the second. You k ow. In my opinion .....

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
So is there any chance that Malcom and Trish wind up becoming Cloak and Dagger? I know it's not quite the origin stories in the comics, but both were using that weird inhaler drug.....

Trish might be Black Cat (hot blonde with cat like reflexes and bad luck).

I enjoyed it, it was dark and left several story lines up in the air for potential story lines for the other Netflix Marvel series.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Trish might be Black Cat (hot blonde with cat like reflexes and bad luck).

Not likely.

The film/TV rights to Black Cat and the rest of the Spider-Man characters are owned by Sony, not Disney/Marvel. But the two companies do have an agreement to allow the Spider-Man Universe and the Marvel Cinematic Universe to have some crossovers, hence Spider-Man showing up in small roles in Disney MCU films, and guys like Iron Man showing up in small roles in Sony's Spider-Man films.

Then, the Marvel Netflix shows are in the same universe as the MCU, but are still mostly separate. Hence the reason that there are no appearances by, or overt mentions of, any other MCU characters/events in the various Netflix shows. They've dropped some subtle nods, with references to "The Event in New York" or "The Big Green Guy", but nothing specific.

So I think it's pretty unlikely that we'd see any Spider-Man characters like Black Cat in the Marvel Netflix shows. (Unless Disney just goes ahead and buys Sony, to consolidate all the Marvel rights. Like they just did with Fox and the X-Men/Fantastic Four rights. Big Grin)

In the comics, Trish Walker is a similar style of cat-themed superhero named "Hellcat". If anything, that'd be the most likely persona that she'd assume in the future.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK, I forgot that Hellcat was her name, you are right on that one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post