SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    TCM Movie Alert : The Black Cat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TCM Movie Alert : The Black Cat Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Looks like an entire night of movies directed by Edgar G. Ulmer. You can see the film noir Detour later on tonight, but the lineup starts at 8 pm EST with one of my favorite horror flicks, The Black Cat, with Karloff and Lugosi and that really cool Art Deco/Bauhaus mansion.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I watched The Black Cat this evening. It is quite an entertaining piece of pre-code horror. For those who didn't watch, Ben M. explained the final scene was actually tempered at the request of the studio. And yes, the house definitely added to the creep factor. Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I watched it for the umpteenth time: It's one of my favs. It had a wonderful soundtrack before much music was commonly used in films. Here's a list of the material used.

And here's a great performance of the 2nd movement of Robert Schumann's piano quintet, which served as Karloff's theme:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-55iyCc55v0

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post