SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Tommy Emmanuel plays "Lewis and Clark"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tommy Emmanuel plays "Lewis and Clark" Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1pS_6hErDA

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting that.
I had not heard of him or the song before.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Emmanuel wrote the song. As you can hear, he is a exceptional player. He is capable of even more technical wizardry than this song contains, but this is a beautiful song.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Emmanuel wrote the song. As you can hear, he is a exceptional player. He is capable of even more technical wizardry than this song contains, but this is a beautiful song.

It is a beautiful song, and he never ceases to amaze me whenever I watch him.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The man is incredible!

Certified Guitar Player!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Honored to have seen him live on three different occasions.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kinda guitar?

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxdog:
What kinda guitar?

Maton Guitars, handmade small Aussie guitar maker; it looks like Tommy is using an older Maton T.E. Personal:

Maton Guitars & Tommy Emmanuel

As you can hear above, when played right, their guitars have a very rich sound and superb tone to them.

My dream one day is to play an acoustical guitar well. Frown Of course this is also very true after watching a couple of videos of Tommy playing:

Thoughts of a non-guitar player: "Damn, I should start playing guitar!"

Thoughts of a guitar player: "Damn, I should stop playing guitar!"

Here is another video of Tommy. WARNING: What he does to the guitar may be illegal in your state or jurisdiction!

Listen to the sound he gets out of the guitar around the 3:18 mark.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I love how he is fretting and sometimes also picking with his left hand, while doing a very advance kind of Travis picking with his right hand. (Sometimes while also making percussive effects on the body of the guit.)

He mostly plays Maton guitars, but I have seen him with a number of different instruments.