SIGforum
The 15:17 To Paris - Official Trailer

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/5210037634

February 08, 2018, 06:23 PM
.38supersig
The 15:17 To Paris - Official Trailer
***** Total bullshit *****

Read the actual account. Eyewitness testimony. You'll find they left out this guy:

^ ^ ^ The real hero. ^ ^ ^

WTF!

February 08, 2018, 06:55 PM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Read the actual account. Eyewitness testimony. You'll find they left out this guy:
link?
February 08, 2018, 09:02 PM
Dusty78
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

^ ^ ^ The real hero. ^ ^ ^

WTF!

He’s in the movie. He plays himself. They just don’t do a back story on him like the other 3 Americans. Yes he’s American too...sort of. He lives in France and teaches English but was born in the states. He was the first to confront the gunman and actually got the AK away from the terrorist but got shot with a pistol in the neck. He’s likely the reason why the AK jammed after the terrorist took it back. He’s originally from Richmond VA.

February 08, 2018, 09:29 PM
BGULL
Looking forward to seeing it, particularly for the the religious angle of the three. In the trailer the inspirational voiceover sounds like Dallas' Dr. Tony Evans.

Bill Gullette
February 09, 2018, 05:50 PM
f2
Really liked it - 9/10.
February 09, 2018, 06:40 PM
NK402
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I think casting the actual three individuals involved was an interesting choice. It's something that's seldom seen.

True. What's another movie that had the people involved play themselves?

I can only think of Audie Murphy.

I think Jackie Robinson played himself in a movie about his life.
February 10, 2018, 12:16 AM
charlie12
We saw it today and we liked it

February 10, 2018, 12:26 AM
sjtill
Apparently the critics hate it, so I can't wait!

February 10, 2018, 07:24 AM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Apparently the critics hate it, so I can't wait!
My go to critic gave it 2 out of 4, so I was worried, but I need not have gave it a second thought. The three guys were great. The pre story "worked" (especially their moms). Followed the book very well. At the credit roll almost everyone stood and started filing out, until a couple minutes later they stopped for the extra scene.
February 13, 2018, 01:35 AM
iron chef
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I think casting the actual three individuals involved was an interesting choice. It's something that's seldom seen.

True. What's another movie that had the people involved play themselves?

I can only think of Audie Murphy.

United 93 - many of the people working in various control rooms (FAA, airport control towers, Northeast Air Defense Command, etc) on 9/11 played themselves in the movie. Many of the pilots and flight attendants were played by real UA employees.

Black Hawk Down - some of the minor roles were played by the actual servicemen who were there. For example, some of the Nightstalker pilots in the Battle of Mogadishu recreated the flight maneuvers they actually did.
February 13, 2018, 10:05 AM
Pale Horse
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
So far it’s getting horrendous reviews.

I think Clint Eastwood is permanently blackballed by ALL liberals to include the MSM movie reviewer types for DARING to insult their Messiah Obama with that empty chair routine.

Well that and the movie actually encourages people to fight back instead of the liberal tactic of running away and sobbing in a corner. Not to mention that American service members are shown in a good light. I am sure that if some African immigrant woman had talked the gunman down using verses from the Koran while blaming Christianity, white people and Capitalism the critics would be gushing over it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014
February 13, 2018, 05:22 PM
Dusty78
I saw it today and I found it painful to watch. It could have been a 30 min movie. The dialogue was just so hokey and cheesy. I understand that these guys really lived this but I don’t know any 20 somethings that talk like this. The little kid versions were also not good at acting. The script was just terrible IMHO. I’m guessing Clint did what he could with what he was given but man I’m glad I used MoviePass and didn’t actually pay for this out of pocket.

February 13, 2018, 09:26 PM
Rey HRH
quote:
I saw it today and I found it painful to watch. It could have been a 30 min movie. The dialogue was just so hokey and cheesy. I understand that these guys really lived this but I don’t know any 20 somethings that talk like this. The little kid versions were also not good at acting. The script was just terrible IMHO. I’m guessing Clint did what he could with what he was given but man I’m glad I used MoviePass and didn’t actually pay for this out of pocket.

My thought was it was hokey enough to be real.

Just saw it today and I liked it. I understand that it was just a 30 minute movie but the backstory angle was a nice filler. It gives me something more to know about the guy.

I appreciate it more after knowing one of the guys missed his first goal then missed his second goal. It was good character development for me.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
February 13, 2018, 10:14 PM
f2
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Just saw it today and I liked it. I understand that it was just a 30 minute movie but the backstory angle was a nice filler. It gives me something more to know about the guy.

I appreciate it more after knowing one of the guys missed his first goal then missed his second goal. It was good character development for me.
What impressed me was these three guys going to the same school, and staying friends throughout until they meet up. The two who joined the service being raised by single parent families, with fathers out of the picture, and making it. Many of my service buds came from unfilmable, un-cinamatic, non-scriptable backgrounds that do not scream to be put up on the silver screen for all to see - but that's their life, and the beauty of it is it led them to wear the uniform, which I can dig, and get.

There's a movie forum that I go to now and then, and it's a den of freaken lib tards and they have a 15:17 to Paris thread and they are tearing it a new asshole with bullshit nitpick points, members, mods and admin alike, which I of course disagree with. All of it politically motivated. Clear as day. I stopped posting there.
February 14, 2018, 01:11 AM
Rey HRH
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
What impressed me was these three guys going to the same school, and staying friends throughout until they meet up.

Just that one thing. Imagine if Hollywood was going to make up a similar story out of whole cloth. That's going to be cinematically unbelievable.

Someone draws up the basic idea that three guys of somewhat different make-up grew up as young kids then they split apart and live different lives then they decide to get together years later as adults in Europe and they all get on a train together to France.

"Wait, they grow up in different places then they decide to get back together for a vacation? Why?"

"Just cuz."

"Nah. Too unbelievable. There's got to be a hook, a crisis that gets them all together."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
February 17, 2018, 04:42 PM
Sigmund
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

Yep, it was a good movie. Could the acting have been better? Sure, but when I want good acting I'll watch Masterpiece Theater. Smile

PLOT SPOILER:

I did not know Spencer flunked out of his first AF tech school, note how he didn't give up during medic school.

Slight thread drift for AF people: Is there a "SERE" AFSC or was he training in something like survival gear or life support?
February 20, 2018, 07:36 PM
TigerDore
My wife and I saw it this past weekend. It was a very good movie. Looking into the eyes of the actual heroes at the end of the movie put a big lump in my throat.
February 20, 2018, 07:39 PM
TigerDore
quote:

He’s in the movie. He plays himself. ...He’s originally from Richmond VA.

Yes, and he even talked about being from VA in the movie when Spencer Stone was administering first aid to him.