SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bodyguard of Lies by Anthony Cave Brown Vol 1 & 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bodyguard of Lies by Anthony Cave Brown Vol 1 & 2 Login/Join 
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted
Just finished reading them, real page turners, all about the dynamic espionage that was behind what we know as WWII. The title comes from Winston Churchill "In war time any truth must be attended by a body guard of lies!" Much of the information was not released until 1974 and I for one learned a lot. Picked up copies of both from Abe Books for around $5.00.

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I read it when it first came out, and learned a lot too, specifically about the Enigma machine and how that helped to win the Battle of the North Atlantic against the U-boats.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Follow that up with The Last Hero: Wild Bill Donovan, also by Cave Brown.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Just ordered it, thanks!

Posts: 2400 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Blackmore: I am about 1/2 way through "The Last Hero" I thank you for the recommendation it is another great read!

Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post