SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Keanu to reprise his role of John Wick in The Continental TV show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keanu to reprise his role of John Wick in The Continental TV show Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Keanu Reeves to appear on John Wick TV series for Starz

Tim Karan
Lionsgate
Go wake up your puppy.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Starz announced a partnership with Lionsgate TV to develop The Continental, a TV series set in the world of the John Wick movies. But that's not all: Keanu Reeves will serve as an executive producer and appear as the hitman he portrayed in 2014's John Wick and last year's John Wick: Chapter 2.

Although it's not clear how much Wick will factor into the show, Starz head of programming Carmi Zlotnik said, "you can expect to see him at some point of the series."

The series will center on the exclusive Continental Hotel which serves as a refuge for assassins in the movies, and Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said "the show and the movies exist side by side." He also teased that it'll have the same high-octane action of the films. "This series is truly unlike anything else on TV," he said. "It promises to include the thunderous fight sequences and intensely staged shootouts between professional assassins and their targets that fans have come to expect in the John Wick movie franchise as well as introducing some new, darkly compelling characters who inhabit this underground world."

Chris Collins (The Wire, Sons of Anarchy) is writing the series and he'll serve as showrunner. John Wick director Chad Stahelski will helm the first episode and franchise screenwriter Derek Kolstad is also on board.

http://www.looper.com/104741/k...john-wick-tv-series/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the production heads will be grounded in realism. I hate television shows that try to mimic the level of action in movies and somehow manage to make every action sequence look like something out of Sharknado.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, just when I was starting to pare down my must watch television shows.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Excellent

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any other characters/actors will be a permanent fixture on the show-Ian McShane, specifically. I wish they would just put the effort into JW3.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Resurrect Daisy.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Meh. Unless Ian McShane & Lance Reddick show up occasionally.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
This could be pretty cool if done right. Different hitmen, different contracts, etc. If like to see it all explained a little better. Do you pay to be a member of the Continental or are you an employee?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I think the world of the Continental is interesting, I'm not sure about a series based on it. It could go either way, even with John Wick making an appearance. I loved the first movie, the second one not as much. I would be more interested in a third John Wick movie.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
This could be pretty cool if done right. Different hitmen, different contracts, etc. If like to see it all explained a little better. Do you pay to be a member of the Continental or are you an employee?

I'm just guessing, but it seems like more of a "secret society" type of thing. The assassins aren't employees, but I think they probably had to be initiated into the Continental, and then pay dues after becoming members.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will Connie Sellecca and James Brolin be in it?

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I thought the coins where the dues

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it lends itself well to a series. Can explore lots of different story lines with different characters. On the one hand doing the action well will cost $, OTOH, they won't have the massive expenses of makeup and a ton of extras for large battles etc. (like say The Walking Dead, which must cost a fortune to tape).

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I thought the coins where the dues

The coins appear to be the accepted economy of the guild. So if your a member you can access member services like the auto mechanic, tailor, sommelier, etc.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Yeah the coins were the "coins of the realm" as it were: both a form of payment and membership.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post