SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Season Two of Stranger Things drops today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Season Two of Stranger Things drops today Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
Maybe some binge watching over the week end.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My daughter's a huge fan and anxiously awaiting today. Really special for her as today is her birthday. I think she's 4 episodes into it already.

I'll watch this weekend.

Posts: 1753 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't wait! Between this, Punisher and Thor 3, I have a lot of good entertainment coming up.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'm really looking forward to it. Last season was great.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Watching episode 1 of season 2 right now on Netflix.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I plan on starting Season 2 tomorrow afternoon, whenever I get tired of watching the Razorbacks lose (again).

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We started tonight. Jumps right back in.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On episode 5 at the moment. So far so good.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I’ve not seen the show that y’all are talking about, but an actress that I follow now has a recurring role on it.

Here’s her announcement about her part: https://www.facebook.com/Actre...ts/10155251285756312

Y’all may recognize her from the “NewDayUSA” financial commercials that pop-up occasionally on cable TV shows. Jennifer is a Navy Vet who is also a “Pin-Up for Vets” model/member.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I couldn't put it down.

I meant to watch 2 episodes but next thing I know it was 4 am and I couldn't believe that the second season was as good as the first.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
It really is an entertaining series. I like just about everything about it. Especially the D&D references.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Will there be a season 3?

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I would say yes.

Who else is waiting for Paul Reiser to turn the other cheek? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AllenInAR,

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Spoilers...............

I didn't get the whole Max/Step Brother story line. So his father is abusive so that is why they skipped town from CA to PA? Were their parents in town the whole time? They weren't on the run?

Posts: 11159 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
I wondered that as well, but if I recall correctly, their parents split up and they went with their dad to Hawkins. The woman in the scene where Billy's dad makes him apologize is a girlfriend, not the mother.

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
I wondered that as well, but if I recall correctly, their parents split up and they went with their dad to Hawkins. The woman in the scene where Billy's dad makes him apologize is a girlfriend, not the mother.

Not quite correct...she's Max's mother, and the new wife of Billy's dad. That's why they're step siblings.

It did seem to be kind of a empty storyline -- the origin and arrival of the family -- but maybe more will be made of it in Season 3. Or maybe it's just as happenstance as it seems.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
On episode 2 right now, decided to rewatch the first season since it's been a year since I last watched it. Loving it so far and I find it hard to believe that Sean Astin and Wynona Ryder haven't been in anything together before.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Finished Season 2. Even though this season was more cinematically impressive and epic (read: more effects) and had a broader storyline, I think I kind of preferred the smaller, more intimate first season. It was also a bit redudant (poor Will), but all that said, it was still a great second season and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Watched 3 episodes last night and see no need for all the cursing.
It was not present in the first season.
Other than that digging it just like the first season.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
2 more episodes in and it is one heck of a show.
Probably my number 3 at the moment.
I usually do not like slow progressing shows but they do it right with this one.
5 episodes deep and still no explination of where Bob and the California kids come in. In due time I am sure.
I have not read the spoiler posts in this thread which may explain but will come back and read when we finish.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post