SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Metallica Tour!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Metallica Tour!!! Login/Join 
Picture of ravens1775
posted
Saw the first show of the new tour last night in Baltimore. It was amazing! They sounded great, light shows/pyro were awesome, and the video screens were so good that we felt much closer that we were.

Here is the set list. My only ding would be that they played 5 songs off the new album, which seemed a bit much considering they have ~35 years of music. It still rocked, though.

Metallica May 10, 2017 Baltimore, Maryland Set List

1. “Hardwired”
2. “Atlas, Rise!”
3. “For Whom the Bell Tolls”
4. “Fuel”
5. “The Unforgiven”
6. “Now That We’re Dead”
7. “Moth Into Flame”
8. “Wherever I May Roam”
9. “Halo on Fire”
10. “Hit the Lights”
11. “Sad But True”
12. “One”
13. “Master of Puppets”
14. “Fade to Black”
15. “Seek & Destroy”
16. “Battery”
17. “Nothing Else Matters”
18. “Enter Sandman”

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear! I will be attending when they come to Dallas. Will be my first Metallica show, and am pretty excited. I know, I know, I'm about 20 years late, ha.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:
Glad to hear! I will be attending when they come to Dallas. Will be my first Metallica show, and am pretty excited. I know, I know, I'm about 20 years late, ha.

It's been damn near 20 years since they made a decent album & the new one is 'right on time'. Hell at least I'm 20 years less poor & can swing tickets.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snidera:
quote:
Originally posted by }BuLL:

It's been damn near 20 years since they made a decent album & the new one is 'right on time'. Hell at least I'm 20 years less poor & can swing tickets.

Death Magnetic was a very good album (2008).

It's awesome to hear that they rocked that concert. The last time I saw Metallica was at Woodstock '99. I wish I were a bit more sober during their set...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I saw them at the last Texas Jam, was either 1988 or 89. I'll never forget being so close to the stage.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
They drive me nuts. Never come close to NC. It might happen once a decade.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
They opened US Bank Stadium last year so I got to see them then. Great show, and they debuted Hardwired "live" for the first time.

Their new album is one where I would pay to see a show where they played a majority of new stuff....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

The last time I saw Metallica was in 1996 at a Lollapalooza event in Rockingham Dragway, NC. What sticks in my mind was the stinking hot July weather and that there was almost no shade available. Good show but after a couple hours I felt like a vampire about to burst into flames.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

They haven't been to Dallas since 2009. Seems they haven't played much in the U.S. in the last 7-8 years.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post