SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Rockford Files playing on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rockford Files playing on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Looks like a whole block of episodes from the first season is playing right now. I haven't seen these episodes since they first aired. Love this series.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Great Series. Angel Martin (Stewart Margolin) is one of my favorite actors that appear semi-regular. I forgot about how big some of those old cars on the show were.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If any Rockford fans ever get a chance, the made-for-tv movies in the '80s and 90's were also very good.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great show! The answering machine at the opening, the Rockford theme, the Rockford Turnaround in that Pontiac ...
Wow.

Posts: 630 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great marathon. Loved the guitar work by Dan Ferguson.

Posts: 69 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, watched pretty much all of it. I loved it too. I turned it just long enough to watch the old Perry Mason show for an hour.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Superb tv show. I just finished watching all 6 seasons.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best ones were with Angel and the two with Tom Selleck playing Lance White, as the perfect example of a private eye.
Lance was handsome, drove a Cadillac covertible and always got the girl. A few years ago, I spotted Mr. Selleck at a gunshow.
I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned, I apologized for accosting him but said that I had always wanted to shake hands with Lance White . He laughed and shook my hand. I thanked him for Lance White and for Jesse Stone. A gracious gentleman .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dividing by zero
since 1966
Picture of rekstrom
posted Hide Post
I used to watch it regularly. Love Jim Rockford.

A real man's man IMO. Similar to John Wayne in that regard.

Posts: 2952 | Location: between locations at the moment | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
The best ones were with Angel and the two with Tom Selleck playing Lance White, as the perfect example of a private eye.
Lance was handsome, drove a Cadillac covertible and always got the girl. A few years ago, I spotted Mr. Selleck at a gunshow.
I tapped him on the shoulder and when he turned, I apologized for accosting him but said that I had always wanted to shake hands with Lance

White . He laughed and shook my hand. I thanked

him for Lance White and for Jesse Stone. A gracious gentleman .

I recently saw an old Merv Griffin talk show where he had Tom Selleck on. Merv also had all the regulars on Magnum P.I. on the show as well.
They all commented on the fact that Selleck is still very shy and humble. They mentioned the fact that Selleck gave all his co stars a new Porshe(spelling?) each at the end of season 5.

They are playing two episodes of the Rockford Files everyday on hallmark channel. The ones on now, I just saw on the block that was played on Saturday.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I loved that show.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Absolutely one of my all-time favorites. I remember watching as a kid but like it even more now.

$200 a day, plus expenses...

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
He sure got his ass whooped a lot in that show.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
He sure got his ass whooped a lot in that show.

He had a learning disability about answering the door to the trailer. Invariably, it was two guys with guns, who bust in and start roughing him up. Wouldn't you think at some point he would invest in a peephole or at least start saying, "Who is it?"

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"This is Jim Rockford. At the tone, leave your name and message. I'll get back to you."

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been watching Jim on Cozi TV over the airwaves for free.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1687 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post