SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Where oh where are you tonight?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where oh where are you tonight? Login/Join 
The SIG Kahuna
Picture of GeeTen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Was that Johnnie Bench in one of those?

Yup! Big Grin

Believe it or not, I remember watching Hee-Haw (or maybe it was the Grand Ole Opry) with my Mom & Dad and little sister. Mom always said watching American TV is a great way to learn English. I still think my Dad just liked the hot babes. Wink

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
8-)

I miss Erhardt!

Posts: 2831 | Location: Red Sox/Patriots Nation | Registered: June 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, Para! Mom LOVED that show and still does! I think my brother ordered her the DVD set so she could play it whenever she wants. When we moved up north in 1970, she hated...HATED...just about everything about it. That show was her reminder of "home" in the south for an hour a week...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
Was that Johnnie Bench in one of those?
Yes, according to IMDB, Bench appeared in five episodes of the show, from 1972 to 1974.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are at least a dozen people in the todays Country /western music industry and another 6 people in the comedy industry that could take turns hosting a very similar
tv show.

They could not top Hee Haw , by any means,
but it could still be a very good show, in the right time spot .

I'd watch it fer sure

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Lawd the beautiful women on that show. Didn’t really appreciate them at the time as I was rather young but now...*sigh*

My sister, cousins and I spit all over each other every time at the conclusion of that song though. Big Grin

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I found the channel RFD a farming tv channel about a year ago which has alot of good old and new tv shows with HeeHaw being one.
I watched Hee Haw back in the day but back then if your ass wasn't sitting in front of the tv when the show aired you didn't see it.

Was watching the hee haw rerun and nearly fell out of my chair when Bruce “Kaitlyn” Jenner was the where or where guest just after his olympic gold win.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
The memories this brings back. I used to watch HeeHaw, The Love Boat and Fantasy Island back to back as a kid. Loved the music of Hee Haw and Fantasy Island used to scare the crap out of me. I was under 10 and I am sure I didn't undrrrstand everything.

When will Hee Haw be on Netflix...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to watch it at my grandparents when I was really young. I’ve shown it to my kids and they can’t believe that a show like that was really on tv. They act like it’s something from the 1800’s.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I shelled a LOT of purple hull peas while watching Hee Haw when I was a kid.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I found the channel RFD a farming tv channel about a year ago which has alot of good old and new tv shows with HeeHaw being one.
I watched Hee Haw back in the day but back then if your ass wasn't sitting in front of the tv when the show aired you didn't see it.

Was watching the hee haw rerun and nearly fell out of my chair when Bruce “Kaitlyn” Jenner was the where or where guest just after his olympic gold win.

We watch it all the time on the RFD channel. And the Jimmy Dean variety show. Good stuff.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My brother lives just outside of (and I about 50 miles from) Bulls Gap, TN, Archie Campbell's birthplace. I liked Campbell's "spoonerisms" like the story of Rindercella and the prandsome hince, and "I crossed a ___ with a ___," to which the crowd replied, "Whaddya get?" "Pickin' and Grinnin'" with Buck Owens on guitar and Roy Clark on banjo, punctuated by "'dad' jokes," was the best part.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
That was fun!

Hee Haw was one of my favorites... Along with Lawrence Welk.

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post